DAY 11

I'm woken up by Liam and Zayn when their quiet moans make their way up to my bed. I raise an eyebrow at the ceiling, but I don't have it in me to be annoyed, because at this point I'd have done the same with Louis and not cared about anyone else's existence. I try not to listen, but I'm not ready to get up yet, and they're making it impossible by being louder than they probably should. And maybe it's wrong that I'm pretending to be asleep, but at least I'm not having a wank in the meantime. I sneak out as soon as they're done and have escaped into the bathroom, keeping quiet when Mum begins asking questions about Louis. I'm not sure what to tell her, nor how to explain my bruised knuckles, but she stops asking as soon as she realises I'm not in the mood to talk about it.

I get into my shorts instead, staying shirtless when I go back outside. "I'm gonna go."

"Are you and Louis still coming tonight?"

"I assume so."

"I guess we'll see you then."

I head towards Louis lodge without as much as taking my shoes on. I know he isn't going to discuss anything with me, but I'm not going to stay away just because he won't. He's sitting on the terrace with Hazel, wearing nothing but boxers as he smokes through their conversation. He looks as though he has just woken up, hair messy and expression sleepy—he could clearly need some extra sleep.

He looks up at me when I come closer, giving me a once-over before he looks away again. "I thought you needed space."

"Space is overrated."

He rolls his eyes, but not even his cigarette is enough to suppress his smile. Hazel stands up instead, automatically adjusting her bikini bottoms as she steps into her sandals.

"I only came by to check on you," she begins, "but Hannah and Nico are going home tomorrow, so we're probably going out tonight. And in case you wanna stay home, that's completely understandable. I just thought you should know."

"Doesn't that mean you're going home, too?"

"I was supposed to, but I'm going home with Niall instead. I'm not going back to work anytime soon, and school doesn't start until September, so... you know."

"I'm not gonna come," Louis says, stubbing his cigarette in the ashtray. "I'm not particularly interested in seeing them."

Hazel isn't surprised, so she only smiles and says goodbye before she leaves us to ourselves. Louis pushes the ashtray aside when I sit down next to him, then cracks his knuckles before he rubs his eyes, clearly so tired that he's not going to make it through the day without a nap.

"Did you not sleep okay?"

"Does it seem that way?"

"I suppose not."

"Did you expect me to when you weren't here?"

"I'm sorry."

He chews on his lip, keeping his gaze on his hands. "I wasn't giving them a number, you know—sex is just a regular thing to me. I told them as much, but had I known he was gonna use it against me, I wouldn't have said anything."

"I couldn't care less about how many people you've slept with, Louis. There's nothing wrong with having sex just because you want to."

He looks at me as he bumps our knees, letting his leg rest against mine. "I'm not using you, Harry. He wasn't right when he said that."

"I know, I just... I know."

"I'm sorry I can't see you at home."

I wince as I look away. "I know, Louis."