Chapter 0: Before The Beginning

Shock Collins. He is a boy who lived with his parents, Volt and Ellis Collins. Ellis was a musketeer who fought with 2 other comrades on a battlefield, and Volt was a man with special electric abilities that he used frequently in combat in a similar battlefield like his spouse. Both had been retired from combat and have jobs for quite some time are a happily married in the city they called home, Dentin. A city with life, people happy to greet each other, and all sorts of a prospering city should have.

Shock was born on April 27, 20XX. He had colored hair like his mother, and electric powers like his father. And with his abilities, he can generate a lot of electricity and fire a ball that is so potent that it recoils him backwards. And even surround himself in a blast of electricity so potent even himself is harmed if he attempts to use that technique

He was academically gifted in school and had skipped a few grade levels. But he also had a spark of something his parents also had. The art of combat. Of course, he only uses combat in self defence and wouldn't dare to use it for malicious intent. He enjoyed the life he had.

Until things went south as power were given to the wrong hands. The local power and government on the city had been corrupt and no longer helped the people. The streets of Dentin had also gone from a place to cause happiness to fear as gangs rose up. Dentin had lost all what it was. Even the name as it was renamed 'Retropolis'.

Volt and Ellis knew that this city is no longer a home and with that, they moved away. Shock was 13 at the time. Everything he had made in then Dentin was gone. Friends had either moved away, passed away, or even resorted to gang activities.

The car ride to the new home wasn't any better; only silence and no one uttered a word. All three knew they lost something: Shock, his friends, Ellis, her job. Volt, his contribution to the city.

Three years passed. Shock had graduated from high school at 16, early for someone his age. Although a high school graduate and a promising academic scores, he didn't plan to go to college. Instead, he wanted to go to a place that had caught his eyes for quite a while, a small town with a population of about 50, and growing.

Shock thought of going to that town not just visiting, but moving and settling there on his own. Well, he had nothing else. He didn't make many friends here and sure he has his parents, but does he want to stay here? It took a few weeks to take all his might to finally tell his parents what he's been planning.

Volt and Ellis looked at each other, nodded and looked back at him. "You know, you're not good at hiding things than you think." Said volt, surprising shock "We've noticed your mood and... Well, let's just say the walls aren't too thick." Said Ellis "wait hold on, how long have you known this?!" Shock questioned "about a week. We even looked into that town you had your blue eyes locked on" said volt "a nearby railway station goes there tomorrow actually. Don't worry we'll help you get prepared." Volt added with a warm smile of assurance.

Shock felt relief and joy that it went as smoothly as it can get. He gave his parents a hug as they return the hug. "Alright, enough hugging and start getting you packed up for the next chapter of your life." Said Ellis. Shock nods in agreement as the three pack up most of shock's important things for the next day.

When the day inevitably arrived. Shock, with Volt and Ellis beside him, at the railway platform waiting for the train to get there. "I knew a day like this would arrive, but I didn't expected this early." Volt admitted "we'll miss you when you hop on that train" Ellis added. "I'll miss you too, mom, dad." Shock giving a smile to them as a train arrived with it's wheels screeching on the steel railroad until making a full stop. As the train doors open with a few people walking out the train

"Next stop, brawl town. All aboard!" The conductor spoke out of a large speaker. And with that, shock gave one last hug to his parents before he leaves. "Bye mom! Bye dad! I'll make sure to send postcards once in a while!" He said as he hopped into the train as it began moving sending shock to a new chapter in his life.

Volt and Ellis gave each other a side hug looking and waving goodbye at the train taking their son beyond the horizon and to the town that is brawl town.

***************
A/N

Hey! I hope you guys liked this prologue of the story and are excited for the true beginning of the reboot! Just a heads up that chapter only are published when I want to publish them because I have a lot on my plate in the upcoming weeks or months with school and an internship

Hope to see you soon!