********************

I travel for many weeks

I travel for many weeks. Stopping at several villages to rest or to deal with a monster. Outrunning my broken heart isn't easy especially when I hear the songs portraying Geralts many adventures. I come to a particular bar one evening and actually hear the bard singing
" Toss a coin to your Witcher." I ask the bartender if he could spare few days of food . He smiles at me and starts to gather a sack of food.
     I pay him and the lean against the bar. The bard is about to go into the second verse. I smirk And loudly say " I will pay you fifty coins to sing anything but that song ." He stammers at the amount of coin I'm offering him.
    " But my lady this is my most requested song." He states. I pull back my hood and cross my arms . His eyes widen when he realizes who I am. " Your Rafe the Red Wolf! Oh my lady I would love to talk to you about your adventures." I smile at his enthusiasm. " We Witchers don't really like to share . " he smirks at that and says " Your telling me ! My friend Geralt refused to share any information about his travels! So I tagged along with him on one and this was the product of our adventure together. " I smile sadly at him and ask
  " please no songs about Witchers." He gives me a funny look but shrugs. " Alright what would you like to hear ?" I smile and think " Do you know
Jar of hearts?" He nods his head
     "I do but I don't think I could sing it. " I smile sadly " I can sing it." He smiles and starts to tune his lute.
I pull my hood up and move to the stage. I step up and nod my head at him.
He begins strumming the opening chords and I start to sing of my heartbreak.

" I know, I can't take one more step towards you.
Cause all that's waiting is regret.
Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore?
You lost the love I loved the most.
I learned how to live half alive. Now you want me one more time."
The bar gets quiet listening to my sad song of heartbreak. I feel tears begin to form at the corner of my eyes. I close my eyes and start Into the chorus.
" So who do you think you are?
Runnin' around leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts. Tearing love apart.
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me.
Who do you think you are."

I've heard you asking around
If I'm anywhere to be found.
But I have grown to strong
To fall back into your arms

I've learned to live half alive . Now you want me one more time

So who do you think you are?
Runnin' around leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts. Tearing love apart.
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me.
Who do you think you are.
I pause and then ask

" So White wolf.
Who do you think you are? " tears steam down my face but I continue singing.

"Running around leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
Your gonna catch a cold
Tearing love apart.
Your gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul.
Don't come back for me
Dont come back at all.
Who do you think you are
Who do you think you are."

I finish and look around to see stunned faces. I take a deep breath hand the Bard his promised coin and step down from the stage , moving towards the door. Clapping begins and then cheers at my heartbreak.
I see Damon patiently waiting for me.
" Hey Red! Wait up!" I stop walking to look over my shoulder to see the Bard come running towards me. " So Rafaela of Loc Munnine, where are you going?" I smile and cross my arms looking at him. " I'm going to the Griffin School of Witchers." He looks down at my necklace of the wolf . " But your the Red Wolf, shouldn't you be at Kaer Morhen for the winter?" I shrug turning back towards Damon.
" fellow Witcher and I didn't see eye to eye."
" but that doesn't explain why you sang that song and about Geralt of all Witchers." I shrug and move to tighten my saddle. " You're in love with the big brooding lug...... aren't you?" He quietly asks .
   I sigh and look back at him over my shoulder. "What's your name? " I ask instead of answering.
" Jaskier. "
"Well Jaskier, Why don't you join me. I still have several days before I reach the school. I could use the company." He smiles at me and agree. " come you'll need a horse." We move towards the livery and I talk to the stable master and negotiate a price for a gentle mare and equipment for him. I pay the man and lead Delilah towards him. " you didn't have to do that." He says taking her reins. I shrug and mount Damon. " Well I didn't want you to walk so I did the courteous thing." He stares at me in confusion. " I've only met one other Witcher and he was a Dick." I laugh as I point our mounts towards the mountains of Kovir and Poviss. Heading towards Kaer Seren. The castle of the Griffin school of Witchers.

Quick authors note!
I don't own the song Jar of hearts by Christina Perri. But I thought it fit how Rafe was feeling. Also bear with me if I spell something wrong. Hope your enjoying the story. I know it was shocking Rafe finally telling Geralt her feelings. Poor guy just can't seem to get it together. At this point in time He still thinks Yennefer is dead. So yeah don't hate me. Like I said bear with me it will get better.