Jar of Hearts

From what I can tell, from being on his shoulder, he's taking me to his room. I start the struggle harder until he growls out .
" keep struggling, Rafe , still won't change the inevitable that's coming."
I tense as he says this. I'm nervous. What does he mean by that? He opens a door , walking into his room kicking the door shut.  He moves towards the middle of the room and sets me down gently.

I stagger a little bit and then quickly move away from him. Trying my best to put some distance between us. I move behind a sitting chair , crossing his arms watching me.
" Want to tell me what that was a bout?"  He asks . I won't make eye contact with him. 
" Not really."  I answer.
" Rafaela......"
I tense at the way he says my name. It makes me want to just melt into a puddle at the way his voice says it like a sensual caress.
" Why won't you look at me?"
I shrug at the question, hoping he will just get to the point.
"Rafaela, look at me."
I slowly lift my eyes to him to see him watching me.
" why does Lambert want to court you?" I smile at that .
" I guess he's not blinded by friendship and has the balls to try to win my affections." I snark at him.
Rage comes over his features then walks towards me. I scramble away from him, going around the chair and he chases me. We come back to our starting places. I see him smirk then grab the arms of the chair , picking it up setting down behind him.
My eyes widen as he does this, now there is barely a few feet separating us. He takes a step towards me, I take a step back.
" Rafaela I want answers to why you would even consider letting that oaf court you." He demands .

I throw my hands up in anger" Because it's not like I have any one else beating down my door!!! And no! I don't want some one night fling! ESPECIALLY FOR MY FIRST TIME! YOU'VE CERTAINLY NEVER SEEN ME AS ANYTHING OTHER THAN A FRIEND! SO WHATS THE POINT IN HOLDING OUT FOR THE MAN I'VE LOVED SINCE I WAS A YOUNG WITCHER WHEN HE CAN'T PULL HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS LONG ENOUCH TO NOTICE ME!!!!" " I'm breathing hard by the end of my speech. Thinking about what I just said. I see shock and realization cross his face . " Rafe, I Consider you to be one of my greatest friends but I've never felt that way." I look at him as my heart breaks , tears forming at the Corner of my eyes . " Then you're a liar." I sigh and walk towards the door.  " I'm sorry Rafe. "
     I look back over my shoulder to glare at him " Just forget it Geralt, I already have."
I walk out of his room to see several of my brethren standing at the end of the hall with pity in there eyes . I smile sadly at them and shrug.  I will not cry.
      I go into my room and pack my bags and grab my sword and daggers , moving back down the hall pushing past the others.

" Rafe don't do this. Don't go." Says Aubry. I see Ciri come out of her room from all the racket. " Rafe? What wrong ? Where are you going?" She asks .
    I look at her and let her see the pain I've been holding in. " Oh Rafe. No don't go." I keep moving foreword. I feel like I'm in a fog that's what true heart break does. You move from one task to another trying to ignore the tight feeling in your chest.
I move through the gathering hall passing Vesemir and Lambert.
" Rafaela are you alright?"Vesemir asks .
I ignore his question to ask my own
" Do you still have any friends among the Witcher school of the Griffin?" He looks puzzled about why I would ask such a thing. " yes my Good friend James and few others are still there. "
" I need you to write them and tell them I'm coming for an extended stay." He crosses his arms studying me. " Rafe what's happened?
    " I grit my teeth. " Vesemir I've never asked you for anything please do this for me." I plead. My mask breaks showing my heartbreak.

His eyes widen at the turmoil I'm going through and nods. " I'll send it by messenger hawk should reach them in a bout a week." He places his hands on my shoulders and squeezes. He brings his forehead to mine in our way of saying farewell.

" Safe travels Rafaela of Loc Munnine. May the Wolf protect you and guide you." I smile through the tears. Pulling away from him , I quickly make my way to the stables and saddle Damon. . I look back at the others
" Goodbye my brothers, I'll try not to stay away for so long this time." They all smile at me .
      " We'll always be here Rafe. You just have to send a message and we'll come running. " I chuckle at that . I lead Damon to the gates but before I do I quickly braid my hair , tie it off and take my dagger out. I hesitate , as I bring it to my long braid. I then see Geralt striding down the stairs across the training grounds . Our eyes meet and I don't think , I react. The blade slices through my hair quickly. I don't look away from him as I drop the braid to the ground. I break eye contact .Quickly mounting Damon,I push him into a gallop. My short curls now blowing freely in the wind. I don't even look back as he screams my name.