06.| the council of Arishem

Chapter 6
"Don't let it consume you."

HER HEAD was pounding

HER HEAD was pounding. Bladder full. She moved her jaw and felt her mouth was dry. Her eyelids felt heavy as she moved her hands to touch her forehead and winced. A warm wet substance rudely greeted her fingertips followed by a burning sensation by her temple and she jolted up in fear.

Blurred by sleep, she rubbed her eyes and then glanced around the room. It became clear as she recognized the interior of the Domo that she was indeed onboard the starship yet the room she had occupied was unfamiliar to her. It was lightly decorated with a large bookshelf to her right, a small table that held various artifacts near the entryway and in the corner to her left seated in a brown chair was Ajak.

Nyx took in a sharp breath and slowly rose from the bed, feeling weak and cautiously walked up to Ajak who appeared to be fast asleep with her hands folded in front of her. Nyx's feet lightly tapped against the floorboard making no sound as she waved a hand in front of Ajak's face. "Ajak?" Nyx whispered. "Are you awake?" She snapped her fingers twice and nothing happened.

Nyx hummed and loathsome grin blemished her lips. She hovered her palms onto each side of Ajak's temple and closed her eyes to concentrate deeply. An abundance of dark energy swarmed through her veins and allowed her magic to penetrate Ajak's mind, plunging into an infinite darkness.

An eerie gray fog hung low beneath her feet as she glanced around the empty abyss of nothingness with the use of her magic. However, it was useless since nothing came to light the more she moved around to explore and there was no sign of Ajak anywhere. Her mind was literally blank which deeply confused Nyx and she grew anxious the more she walked. Then, she stopped. She held in her breath and closed her eyes to steady her breathing. The air felt dry and there was a dead silence. Nonetheless, she settled her nerves with the comfort of the darkness around her. The simple sweetness of pure blackness warmed her heart like a serenity of a birdsong and she sighed in content until an invisible harsh grip pulled her figure out from the darkness and into the light.

Her body entered into outer space and a brilliant wall of deep blushing red towered over her body with two sets of three enormous globes that illuminated a bright light. She was an ant compared to the huge celestial and if he were a boot she would undoubtedly be crushed without much effort.