03.| fight or flight

Chapter 3
"Be brave"

Chapter 3"Be brave"

A Thousand Years Later

"THERE WAS A deviant sighted near the colonies, we must go." Ikaris instructed.

Thena and Gilgamesh dropped their forks and headed out the entryway of the ship leaving Nyx to finish brunch on her own. She sighed heavily and swallowed the last bit of her drink before getting up to clear all the plates from the table.

"And there she stood, alone as her two closest friends ran out for battle—"

"Hey, Druig?" Nyx interrupted him in a sweet tone.

"Yes, darling?" He answered with a flash of his pearly white teeth.

"Do shut up." She said, annoyed and exited the ship without another word. The destination didn't matter to her as she kept one foot in front of the other letting her feet naturally guide her to wherever she was meant to go.

That's when she heard the piercing screams. Without a second thought, her feet took off towards the noise where she saw people running around scared, but one by one they each disappeared as she caught a glimpse of Makkari leading them to safety. Ikaris was shooing his laser beams at one of the deviants while Gilgamesh and Thena teamed up on another deviant. Kingo was off to the side charging up his fire guns getting ready to shoot it at a third deviant approaching him.

Nyx sighed heavily and continued wandering aimlessly in heavy thought. She wasn't allowed to go near the fight but that never stopped her from wondering what it must've felt like to be in it.

Then, all of a sudden, a woman approached her screaming. "Help me! Please, you gotta help me!" The woman pleaded as she grabbed Nyx's wrists.

Nyx looked at the troubled woman and nodded. "What's wrong?" She asked, alarm in her voice.

"It's my son," She explained. "He's locked himself in his room and I can't get the door to open."