how do i get over *that* guy

" He's everywhere wherever I go, he's like that old movie soundtrack stuck forever in my head. "

I always searched on the internet, the process of getting over someone with whom I never ever had a chance with. My mom thought it was puberty, my dad still thinks I had a secret boyfriend. And my silly brother thought it was me trying to escape from reality. Yeah maybe my brother was slightly right. Brothers know better, isn't it?

But lets get back to my post, yes we were definitely talking about that guy. How do we settle on this matter when nothing ever happened?!

Isn't it true that we always fall for that person with whom we think we don't have chances with?

How to get over this person!??

Best ways are the following tips,

1. Stop thinking about them.
Get back to reality. Put your feet back on the ground.

2. Stay away from them.
As long as you allow them to be around, your mind gonna trick you into thinking that there can be something for you which is in fact is nothing but just a disillusion. Avoid them as much as you can, if possible try to cut off all the ties with them. Stop longing for them, give yourself space to breathe, and go on without them.

It is okay to feel lonely sometimes instead of being with someone who is inconsistent and makes you feel like you are not good enough for them.

3.allow yourself to grieve
Let it go, cry your heart out, it’s okay to feel sad. It is okay to be heartbroken once than holding on to someone who breaks your heart every single day. Tell yourself that your feelings were true and you were too good to settle for less. Take a moment and allow yourself to feel your emotions,  Holding on to your feelings for too long is not good for your mental health. Cry if that will make you feel better after a while crying doesn’t mean you are weak. Remember, there will be sunshine after the rain. And you deserve someone who is ready to be with you through all ups and downs.

4.Face the reality
It doesn’t matter where it all started, the issue is where you have landed. You got yourself into feeling that the other person has the same emotion and sentiment. But sadness is was just you and you alone trying to make things work. At some point, you need to convince yourself that no matter how much you wish your things to work. No matter what you desired the things to be it’s never going to happen. And, you need to embrace that with a broken heart.

5.Let time heal you
Time is the best cure for broken-heart, and getting over someone who you never official dated is even harder to let go of. Well, depending on the feelings and situation the healing process might differ. Sometimes when your feeling is so deep and genuine you might experience a mental breakdown. In any case, just give it some time and gradually you will be able to get over your feelings for them.

6.Respect their decision
It is not easy to be okay with staying as friends after you had shared a great bond and spent so much time together. It was almost a relationship kind of thing but it wasn’t. Just to be sure about their feelings towards you try to confront them. If they say they are emotionally not prepared to be in a relationship you need to respect their decision.

You never know what the exact reason why they are emotionally unavailable was. It could be for their past relationship or could be any other reason. However, you need to maybe give it some time if you feel that things might go well someday or just cut them off if you feel that there is nothing left for you.

Any questions!? Our inbox is always open.

By : The_girl_who_rules