"Do you think she went into early labour ? I poisoned her and I made sure that she died that day, I wanted to kill her bastard of a son too but that Dai.. Gayatri's best friend, she saved Aditya. Aur Aditya mere kaleje par saanp bann kar lothta raha. Purey 29 saalo tak, roz uski shakal dekhi hai, aur uski maa aur baap ki diye zakhmo ko roz jeeya hai maine bhai ji."

"When did you become like this Mandira ?" Balram asked his eyes looking for the sister he knew of, who loved all the three children, who never complained about the injustice that had happened to her, the loving sister he knew her to be. Who was this woman.

"I was always like this Bhai Ji, they made me do it, they gave me so much pain that I had to -."

"Enough. Just stop. Please." He said folding his hands in front of her. "Aaj lag raha hai ki kai sallo pehle apni dono behno ko kho chuka hu." (I feel like I've lost both my sisters, all those years back)

"You are being dramatic." Mandira said rolling her eyes. "Everyone has got what they deserved. Is getting what they deserve."

"He thinks you are his mother, he treats you like his mother, he would give his life for you Mandira, how can you-."

"Good. He is giving his life for me. Aditya ki maut ka maine socha nahi tha, ab tak toh bilkul nahi. But now that he is dying, my heart suddenly feels at peace."

"You are a cold hearted bitch Mandira, that's what you are." Balram Shastri spat.

"Ghungat le lo bhai Ji, koi dekh lega." She said mockingly and turned away.
(Put your veil on, someone may see you.)

•••

31 years ago ...

Awadh was as prosperous as it had ever been, the Raghuvanshi's had dedicated their lives to their people, following the path of lord Ram.

The current king, like the rest, was loved by his people and devoted to them.

Orphaned at a young age, he was alone, but never really. He had a family in his people.

Vidyut Raj Suryavanshi was a successful ruler.

"Have you spoken to the king ?" Vidyut asked his prime minister as they stepped out of the chamber assigned to him at the kingdom of Magadh.

"Yes my King. The Magadh king has asked for gold, land and protection in exchange for peace between the people."

"Agree to whatever he demands."

"Vidyut, you know we can win the war. Why are we giving in to his demands. He is a horrible person, his subjects are unhappy in his rule and -."

"They won't be able to survive politically instability." Vidyut replied to the prime minister and his best friend.
"The innocent shall suffer if war happens."

"Fine. You go, go to the temple and I'll have a word with the Magadhi ministers before the meeting."

"Thank you. I'll see you in some." Vidyut said and mounted his white horse riding towards the centre of their capital Pataliputra .

•••

Unlike Ayodhya, Pataliputra was less civilised, certainly some years behind Awadh.

Jumping off his horse he handed the reign to the solider instructing him to wait at the bottom of the hillock.

Vidyut climber the stairs going through the thick lush forest and made him way up to the large white marble temple.