The pregnant woman

#3. The pregnant woman

Once we had figured out that Morgan slept on her own on a bed, Tanner called the couch so he could watch T.V. , and I sadly had to sleep with Echo in a bed. " Don't worry, I won't try and rape you or anything." Said Echo with a smirk. I sighed and hopped into bed.

As soon as I heard soft snoring from Tanner, nothing from Barbie, and deep breathing from Echo, I started to sob again. If I bottled them up too much I knew I'd lose my sanity . Stupid fucking zombies! I cried for about 15 minutes before Echo sat up and whispered ,"what's wrong, Wednesday?" I tended to wonder if he even cared. "Everything." I sobbed. He sighed. "Yeah I know. It's a lot to take in. Zombies, right ." He said , wiping my tears . I nodded and sobbed , " I had to kill my own brother, he killed my mom.. And my friends disappeared.. I can't even rely on my brain anymore."

He closed his eyes and asked , " So wait, you were a nerd?" I nodded and he frowned at the thought. "Well I guess that makes sense because you were smart enough to survive . But then so did the rest of the crew ..." He bit his pewter lip piercing and continued to talk to and comfort me.

I stopped crying a half hour later when I could cry no more. Echo had calmed me down. I was starting to like and trust Echo. He wasn't really like most other people .

"Why don't you go take a hot shower and relax?" Suggested Echo. I nodded in agreement, grabbed my pjs that I had forgotten about, and walked into the bathroom . I peeled off my semi-dirty clothes and started the water. The hot felt so good , but it reminded me that I was one of the few still human. I used the soap in the shower that smelled of strawberries and pineapple. When I was finished I got into my pjs and slid back in with a sleeping Echo. And in the first time in ages, I had a peaceful and un-interrupted .

"Wednesday? Wakey wakey?" Called Tanner , smirking and taking a picture right in front of my face (with a camera I didn't know he'd brought from home) as I opened my eyes . "Get out of my face!" I screamed , face-planting back into the pillow . Then I reluctantly got up to chase him around. "Give it up , you little fucker!" I screamed , grabbing at the camera . "No way , this is good shit!" He said, tugging it away and running into the kitchen. Echo was cracking up at our little fight, munching on what I think I had packed only for myself, spam in a can, and the Barbie was putting on her make-up . I finally tackled Tanner and grabbed the camera nearly deleting it when Echo grabbed it from me and ran away .

He came back smirking . "It is now hidden where neither of you will find it. " I gasped at what was in his hand. It was my spam! "YOU BASTARD !" I yelled at him. I loved my spam. "Well" he began , but I interrupted . "YOU'RE EATING MY SPAM." Tanner burst out laughing from under me and I stood. "Sorry." He said, shrugging.

The rest of the day was boring as we just sat around on the couch. Apparently the tv hadn't worked the other night for tanner and neither did it that day. But that night we had been awoken by a shrill cry for help and some moaning.

We jumped up with our guns and knives and ventured outside.

"Guns and knives , guns and knives!" Whisper/sang Tanner . Morgan rolled her eyes at him. "Shut up!" I said.

We silently pursued the victim and zombies for about 5 minutes. It seemed to be a pregnant woman and five zombies . Then We got tired of it. It was like 3:00 AM . Echo decided to just throw his knife without warning us first. It beheaded one of the zombies, killing it for good , letting its rotten head fall to the leafy forest floor, leaking black, thick, gooey blood. That drew the zombies attention our way. I didn't even have time to say 'WTF !' To Echo before we were drawn into a war zone. The zombies ran for us . Morgan shot one with her prize pistol , Tanner two with the rifle , but I only had a kitchen knife and a zombie coming at me. I attempted to stab its head but ended up implanting my only weapon in its shoulder. "Help!" I screamed at the crew. Soon someone hit the zombie in the head with a stick, breaking its skull in. He handed me his hand. "Thanks, tann.." It wasn't tanner . "Who are you?" I asked. "Cole Scotty. I figured that I'd help you since you saved me." He replied. I mentally face-palmed. It wasn't a pregnant woman with short hair, it was a fat guy! "Cool beans. Wanna join the crew?" I asked. He nodded and shrugged at the same time. I introduced him and us , and we all headed back to the cabin. We made new sleeping arrangements for Tanner to sleep with the Barbie and Cole to sleep on le couch.

Then we all fell asleep. But before Echo and I did, he whispered in my ear , "the camera's in the fridge."

The next morning I tried not to giggle. Tanner was cuddling Morgan . I took a picture of them before taking a picture right in front of tanner's face , waking him up. "Hey!"

THIS CHAPTER IS FOR MY FOREVER BROTHER, COLE . FOR ALL THE TIMES WE PLAYED ZOMBIE ATTACK IN THE BACKYARD AS KIDS. IF YOU'RE OUT THERE, COLE, JUST KNOW I STILL LOVE YOU, EVEN THOUGH YOU LEFT. xxxxoxxxx

BUT IF U AREN'T COLE THEN ANYWAY , THANKS FOR READING