I sit down with my plate and begin to eat.

"I presume you had a good sleep," he says his rich voice stating quietly.

I nod my head.

"Were the accommodations to your liking" his white jade teacup raised to his red lips.

"yes they were, your highness thank you."

I see his eyes narrow from over the top of the cup and sets it down.

"Your highness?" he whispers in my ear and I shiver looking at the others to see ivy had gotten up to look at the artwork and Tiana was too busy engrossed with the man.

"They're not paying attention love" he chuckles his mint breath cooling my ear.

"Who's going to save you now." he coos in my ear.

He snaps my head to his eyes which were inches from mine and his blue eyes swirl with life as he stares at my parted lips.

"I would much prefer you call me a pet name"

I feel my face heat. Crazy man.

"Call me darling won't you? say it." he breathed sensually.

I almost say it, entranced by his aura then come to my senses.

His fingers slide along my arm when he realizes my hesitation.

"Say it and I'll leave you alone for the rest of the day" he chuckles his pink lips quirked in a challenging smile.

"Darling" I mutter staring him in the eyes in irritation.

But my skin.

my skin comes to life in the most amazing way at his gaze.

His eyes brighten from hearing the name.

I look to Tiana. "Who is Tiana, and why does she keep talking to that man."

"He's her mate, like your mine" he shrugs simply.

Ivy walks over.

"Well, that was a great breakfast, but it's time I head back, much is to be done. Lavender, Lily, and I will visit" she reassures.

I get up hugging her and she disappears in the blink of an eye.

Tiana finally turns to me with a smile on her face.

"Go on a walk with me we have much to talk about." She says her eyes bright. I see the man peck her cheek as she gets up.

I suppose that's what I could have with Dorian if I allowed myself.

I look at the king who has an unreadable expression as he reads a book whilst drinking.

                                                                                          ∞

We leave the courtyard to walk in the magnificent garden. All kinds of exotic flowers grow with fevor. I see a few maids watering the flowers and even a short man with a large mustache with scissors shaping the hedges on a stool. They all pause to bow to me.

I honestly feel shocks from time to time, I can't believe I am marrying a vampire and a king. This feels like a dream and I often find myself drifting off wondering if I'll suddenly wake from my bed in a cold sweat.

As much as Dorian is kind and beautiful and gives me pleasureful shocks I can't live this life. I don't want to become a beast and give in to the sadistic act of drinking, the sin of devouring someone's life source.

It's weird really. The man in my head has not visited my dreams since I met Dorian.

Dorian.

Dorian is a temptation, my body aches for him when he gets close. This is not the life I want for myself and if he doesn't let me go, I'll have to seek freedom myself.

I gaze at the girl I thought I knew. She practically floats walking with an air of elation her yellow dress glowing in the sun. A bow at the back. Her black braids twirl as she spins

She has a lot to explain to me.

"You are to be queen."

I look at her blankly a scowl on my face.

She points a finger "Why would you want to go back to live a sad miserable life and dedicate your whole life marry, having kids, and dying in a miserable job."

I roll my eyes. Just unbelievable.

"So I should stay here and become his bird in a cage, stay in this palace and die in this palace, forced to become his slave. Bend to his every desire and will, have his children, and then what.?"

"Is that all I am destined to be?!"

"No, you are to help rule a kingdom, you are to save the people." She grasps my face.

"You belong here, you are not here to serve him, but to serve the people, and he will never treat you that way. I promise."

I roll my eyes. I have nothing more with her to discuss on this topic.

I turn to see a grand fountain and peer into it. No coins. I close my eyes and make a wish, kiss my hand and throw my imaginary coin in.

I will be free.