𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 56: 𝐸𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑝𝑒 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑛

Start from the beginning

"Wow, mom, this food smells delicious! I'm hungry. Let's eat!" Eli said in a quick jumble, trying to change the subject. He grabbed one of the bowls that sat on the table and started scooping some food onto his plate. "Well said, son. Well said." Eli's father agreed, digging into the food as well.

Mrs. Moskowitz and I scooped some food onto our plates as well. Everyone started taking bites of their food.

"Eli, y/n..." Mrs. Moskowitz said, grabbing the attention of Eli and I. We both looked over to her. Mrs. Moskowitz looked to her husband, then back to us. "We are so happy that you two are back together again." She said.

Eli and I looked over to each other awkwardly, then looked back to Eli's parents. We both opened our mouths to speak, but Mrs. Moskowitz kept talking.

"You two are just so cute together." She continued. "Mrs. Moskowitz, we're not-" I started, pointing between Eli and I. "Oh, don't be so humble, Dear." She waved me off.

"Mom." Eli said, trying to get her to stop. "He always talks about you. The boy is head over heels!" She smiled, looking at me.

"Mom!" Eli demanded loudly, causing his mom to stop talking this time. The table went quiet all around. "We're not together." Eli told her.

Mrs. Moskowitz looked between Eli and I for a moment. She gave an understanding nod, now focusing her attention on the food in front of her. I looked down to my lap in embarrassment.

This dinner is turning into something worse than a disaster...

The next several minutes went by in silence, with only the occasional sound of silverware hitting against the ceramic dinner plates.

"Eli, can you pass the salt, please?" I asked quietly, breaking the silence. He nodded and reached for the salt. He brought the salt to me without looking in my direction. He didn't watch where he was going, and ended up knocking my plate of food off of the table. 

The plate didn't fall on the floor, though. It fell right in my lap, smearing the food all over my clothes. I gasped, not expecting it.

"Shit-" Eli cursed. He stood from his chair and lifted the plate off my lap. "I am so sorry, y/n..." Eli apologized. Eli's parents watched the situation unfold. I scooped chunks of food from off my pants and shirt and put it back on the plate.

"Come here." He said, putting his hands in mine and pulling me up off the chair. He pulled me out of the dining room and up to his bedroom.

"Holy. Fuck." He exclaimed as we entered his room.

His room was a mess. He had clothes laying around everywhere.

"I am so sorry about my mom. She gets so excited sometimes, it's like she doesn't just think things through..." he explained.

"Sounds like someone else I know..." I teased. He playfully glared at me.

"I hope those clothes weren't too important. I just didn't want to be there any longer..." he said, before he walked over to his dresser. "Wait... so you meant to pour that food all over me?" I asked.

He pulled out a shirt and comfortable pants from his dresser. "Yep." He confirmed, walking over to me. He held out the clothes to me, but I just stared at them, before looking back up to him. "You're not mad, are you?" He asked.