𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠! | 𝟒𝟎

Start from the beginning

Nowadays I could easily get on all by myself, I've been on and off her one too many times with things like experiments, expeditions you know;

Escaping a castle, breaking the rules to have a day out.

'Let's make this a good one Luna', I whispered to her as I stroked her mane, to which she neighed.

'F/N, Mikasa, over here', Armin waved as he asked for us to come forward with him.

'BE ON THE LOOKOUT! ALL RIDERS ASSUME FORMATION', Erwin shouted to us all, as we began our race against the sunset to get Eren back.

We rode along the ground at a fast pace, the closer we edged to the forest the more titans appeared, and with all the red flares soaring above, it seemed it was going to be harder to get into the forest than we thought.

'There's one on the right!', I shouted, signaling it with a red flare, shooting it into the sky.

'It's getting close', Armin called in slight worry.

'And fast, can I go get it?', I asked Hannes, riding in front of me, 'It'll be quick'.

'Go. Call if you need backup', he answered in the case that I needed any help, his worry for me showing slightly.

Sooner than later I zipped off of Luna, using my ODM gear to attach myself to the giant titan, swinging myself round to the back of its neck.

Looking down, I could see my horse among the herd of people, everyone looked so small from up here as the winds from above flew past me, level with the birds.

I could see everything.

Hastily, I spun down from the air, slicing the nape of the intruder that halted our mission, as it fell slowly to the ground, dropping at its knees.

Smiling in satisfaction, I made my way back to my horse with the group venturing up ahead, landing back on Luna was a simple journey, thankfully.

'Good girl', I grinned as I regrouped with everyone, keeping up the same speed.

'Nice kill', Mikasa commented.

'Thanks', I smiled at her as we made our way closer to the woodlands, more than grateful at the fact I didn't freeze up this time, like Utguard.

Time passed, the sun was beginning to go down, and yet we were so close.

'Not yet', I asked of the sky, just to hold out that little bit longer.

'The sun will fully set it one hour, keep going!', Hannes shouted to all of us.

'Will we reach them in time?', Mikasa questioned.

'We will, we're not that far now, I can see the trees up ahead', I pointed.

'The light', Mikasa alerted us as she stared into the trees, my eyes catching a glimpse of the shining, electric light.

'You saw it too, it's coming from the forest!', Armin mentioned, 'I think someone's transforming into a titan!'.

'We're out of time', Erwin mentioned, then raising his voice, 'Soldiers disperse! The enemy has assumed titan form, find Eren and get him out of there!'.