𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 | 𝟐𝟎

'Come in!', Hanji's voice called from inside the office.

I placed my hand upon the doorknob, turning it as I pushed the door open and walked in.

'Take a seat', Hanji offered, pointing towards a chair positioned in front of them at the desk that they sat behind.

I sat down on the soft chair, finally giving myself a moment to clear my thoughts.

'So what happened out there?', they asked, concerned.

'I'm not sure', I looked up at Hanji, 'I expected her to eat me as I got close to her, but she didn't'.

'That's what everyone else is confused about', they replied, leaning back in their chair, maybe she took a liking to you or something? Although you have never met before, so I can't understand that.'

I sat there thinking, recalling back to what had happened, and I began to remember how she was answering my questions, although not with words I could tell her reply.

'She was answering my questions Hanji', I spoke.

'How?'

'Well when I asked them she began to cry again, as if answering'.

'So what you're saying is that titans can understand us, and possibly reply back?', they questioned with wide eyes.

'I'm not completely sure, but to me it felt like that', I concluded.

'This information...', They placed their hands on their head in shock, 'We need to run more tests to prove the theory, it's going to need more than just one biology lesson'.

'And how would we do that?', I asked.

'I'll need to capture more titans first, obviously you will be involved but we'll need other cadets too. I need to prove that there is a mutual understanding between titans and humans...'

'Or if its just you.'

'Oh', my eyes widened, 'Okay. When will it start?'

'As soon as I capture another few titans, but that could take up to your graduation for all I know', they honestly replied.

'Before you go is there anything else you wanna say?.'

'Yeah, I was actually thinking about when she had me backed against the wall, she was holding her arm out to me, but it only happened after that stupid commander has pushed me over and hurt me'.

'Go on', Hanji insisted.

'I get a feeling she was trying to protect me'.

'She did seem to be crying alot', Hanji recalled fixing their glasses, 'I'll note that too, i'm going to bring all this information to Moblit and the other commanders. What we'll do with it i'll let you know because this could be revolutionary. Just for now, keep working hard F/N.'

'Thank you so much Hanji', I smiled.

'No worries F/N, if theres anything I can do for you please let me know.'

'Of course I will', I replied, getting out of my seat and heading towards the door.

'Oh by the way', Hanji stopped me, 'I'll be dealing with the commander that interrupted your command to stay back. Yes he's a commander but it was my experiment and I didn't ask him to intervene, so he will have consequences', they insisted.

'I'm glad', I grinned, 'See you around Hanji.'

'See ya.'

I left the room and walked through the halls, trying to find Eren, Mikasa and Armin. As I got further down, I noticed looks appearing from people as I walked past and through different rooms to find them.