ajak

╔═.✵.══════════╗

"Everything's gonna
be alright, I know."

╚══════════.✵.═╝

✼   ✼   ✼   ✼   ✼

✼   ✼   ✼   ✼   ✼

Ajak enters the living quarters as I am literally sprawled across Gilgamesh and Thena. She looks to me and says "Elora we need to talk."

I look to her and say "Yes?"

"I just wanted to check in. You alright?"

I nod and say "Of course. I'm all good." Druig enters and walks past us over to Phastos as he works. My eyes trail him as he exits the room.

Ajak bares her eyes into the side of my head and I look back over to her. She lightly smiles and says "Elora? Can we speak in private?"

Gilgamesh pushes me up to my feet and I glare at him as I shuffle over to Ajak "I suppose."

She says "Let's take a walk."

We step out towards the dunes and she says "You're one of our greatest assets on the team Elora."

I nod and say "Thanks."

I cross my arms. The cold weather from being in the desert at night is getting to me. I would change it if I was literally in the presence of anyone but Ajak.

She says "You have to understand that all I want is for you to be safe and and wise with your powers."

I kick the sand and say "You hold me to a higher standard than the others. It isn't fair Ajak."

She nods and says "It isn't. That is because you have the warrior attributes but you are also so smart and brave. But you can't listen to your heart. You must listen to your head. Your actions aren't reflecting maturity."

I shake my head and say "My brain thinks the same way my heart does. I just have a conscience, unlike you."

Her eyes widen and she says "The deaths of the humans impact me Elora. I won't lie and say they don't. Everyone relies on me to be the leader. I just want everyone to be at peace and to let the humans evolve on their own. As they're supposed to."

I shake my head saying "Truth is, I don't trust you. I can't blindly trust you. Any person that doesn't believe we should save lives any time possible isn't exactly the person I wish to put my trust into."

She looks to me and nods "You're too smart for your own good my dear. I love you dearly Elora, what we are doing is the mission we were made to do. We help the humans in different ways. Needed ways. They need to evolve on their own. They aren't as elite as us."

I shake my head and say "They can evolve in other ways. There's such thing as stepping in when needed. Just prevent death."

"They would rely on us too much and we would never have lives of our own."