steps

╔════════ ✣ ═══╗

"Look at the stars,
look at how they shine
for you."

╚═══ ✣ ════════╝

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

I kick at my blanket as it clings and wraps annoyingly at my legs. I scream out of frustration as I chuck the blanket towards the closet doors. I huff as I sit up.

My door swings open slowly and Kingo says "Elora?"

I grumble and say "What?"

He smiles lightly and says "You alright?"

I nod and say "My stupid blanket attacked me." He chuckles and says "What?" I nod and say "It attacked me. Alright?" He nods and says "Quite the blanket you've got there. Very talented, honestly. Come on, I was thinking about going for a walk. Wanna join me?"

I shrug and say "How hot is it out?"

"Hot as fuck. Come on, get up Elora."

I stand up and slide my shoes on. He says "Oh? So we're taking a walk in pj's?" I glare at him and say "It's either this or I'm not going." He nods and pushes the door open for me. I step into the hall and he follows beside me. He looks to me amused as I twirl the water molecule around my fingers.

He shakes his head as I toss it up in the air and catch it with my other hand. He says "You have good control." I look to him and say "it's natural." He says "Cool."

"Is there a reason for this walk?"

"no."

We step into the gardens of the babylon area and my hand skims the flowers as Kingo starts talking "Serious question for you." I look to him and say "Shoot me with it."

He smiles and says "What's your reasoning for disliking Ikaris?"

"I don't dislike him per say. Did he ask you to ask me because if so, that's such an ick."

He shakes his head and says "No, he didn't ask."

"What a shame, you could've said that was the reasoning for disliking him."

He gives me a look as he throws a leaf at me "Answer the question, come on." I pick petals off the flower in my hands and say "He's just arrogant and he's rude to the others unless Ajak is around."

He nods and says "I can't say I fully agree but I get it." I look to the dunes and I step away from Kingo saying "Come on, I thought we were going for a walk. This is a lot of standing."

He falls in step with me and says "Can you do anything about this hot weather?" I look to him and say "You know Ajak doesn't like when I change the weather."