30: haters gonna hate

Start from the beginning

-That was scary... I admit when they're gone. Barb stays quiet.
-Barb say something, I say concerned.
-Please don't leave because of this, she says quickly.
-What? No Barb, I'm not leaving you because some trolls are narrow minded, I say.
-Ok... ok good, she nods.
-Sorry about that folks. What do y'all say we go eat some dinner, hmmm? Delta asks and smiles to brighten the mood. We all nod and she starts walking.
-You guys ok? You looked like you were ready to beat someone's ass, Carol asks and points and Barb.
-Yeah, we're ok... thanks Carol, Barb smiles and Carol pats her on the back. I take a few breather and a tighter grip on Barbs hand.
-Now don't be scared of those ignorant idiots, Delta says as she sees my worried look.
-They don't have the guts to do anything more than to cross out a flag. And Barb if they personally come near you, I give you my permission to beat their ass, she follows up.
-Thank you, it's good to hear that, Barb says and we laugh.
-Oh yes, I agree.

The next day at lunch:
Barb and I are sitting and eating home made food outside on the porch. The sun warms us gently as we share a meal.
-You know I've been thinking about something. We only ever call each other by our names, Barb points out.
-Uh-Huh? I ask and mention for her to continue her thought.
-Well normally couples have names for each other, like babe, or sweetheart, Barb says and then stops in her tracks and cringes and I laugh.
-Remind me to never say that again, she then says with a disgusted tone.
-Of course, sweetheart, I tease and she points her fork at me.
-Don't call me that. It's now a forbidden word, she says and I laugh even more.
-Well what would you like me to call you? I ask.
-Babe always works, it's kinda normal in volcano rock city. That or Bubba or bubs, Foxy, peach and queen always works, Barb smirks and I snicker.
-I think babe will do, but remind me to write the others down, I say.
-And what about you? Sugar? Barb jokes.
-That's a good one, I say.
-I like poprock, I admit.
-Well yeah but it's not really a couple-y name, Barb says.
-It could be. But if you insist, I can also use babe, or baby. Darling, Princess, queen... beautiful is also nice, I giggle.
-Well whatever you say sugar, Barb says and I smile. Suddenly a loud scream starts again and we see the mob. They're standing across the courtyard and pointing at us, yelling slurs at us.
-Ugh not those idiots, Carol says as she steps outside.
-You tell me, Barb scoffs angrily. I sigh angrily.

The mob has followed us around all day, just silently judging us. And I was starting to get fed up. Not only them but hate comments and other unnecessary comments were made in mine and Barbs relationship. Not only because we're gay, but also because we're different genres, in love and in a relationship. It was all eating at my brain and I was boiling over.
-Y/N you know I can just make them leave. Banish them or something, Delta says.
-No I'll just... I trail off as I hear them whisper behind us. Barb growls and turns around forcefully.
-No Barb, stop. It's my turn to get mad, I say and hold Barb back.
-How is a sweet pea like you going to do that, Delta asks confused.

(Cue dead or alive, cover by first to eleven)
-Watch and learn, I say and turn around, staring straight at the mob.

-It's all the same, only the names will change, I sing, glaring at them.
-Every day, it seems we're wastin' away, they start backing off as I walk towards them.
-Another place where the faces are so cold. I'd drive all night just to get back home, I continue. They start mocking up and pointing at me, making harmful stereotypical country troll moves.
-I'm a cowboy! I exclaim.
-On a steel horse I ride, I point at the motorbeetles parked by the saloon we used to get here.
-I'm wanted dead or alive, I say and angrily point at myself.
-Wanted dead or alive, I point at Barb and the mob starts getting mad.

-Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days, They back up so much that I run after them.
-The people I meet always go their separate ways, we are out in the middle of town square and I point to around us.
-Sometimes you tell the day by the bottle that you drink, I point to the mob again and other trolls start crowding around us, watching the scene unfold.
-And times when you're alone, well, all you do is think, I say and turn around again.
-I'm a cowboy, I say and hop up on the ledge of the small house in the square.
-On a steel horse I ride, the spurrs on my boots makes a sound as it hits the wood.
-I'm wanted, dead or alive, I remind them.
-Wanted, dead or alive, I turn back to the mob, who's been surrounded by angry country trolls.

-Oh, and I ride! I grin and hop down from the ledge, walking towards them with confidence and the anger fueled me to tease them endlessly.

-Oh, I'm a cowboy, I point as I get up in their faces.
-On a steel horse I ride, I continue and back off.
-I'm wanted, dead or alive, I wave my finger.
-And I walk these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I throw my arms out to the side.
-I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I wink at Barb.
-I've been everywhere, still I'm standing tall, I point out at the mob.
-I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all, I remind them of the world tour.
-Cause I'm a cowboy, On a steel horse I ride! I'm wanted (wanted), dead or alive, Cause I'm a cowboy; I got the night on my side, And I'm wanted, dead or alive, I say and I see my friends and girlfriends chins drop.
-And I ride, dead or alive, I point out.
-I still drive (I still drive), dead or alive, I remind them once again. They are now shaking in their boots.
-Dead or alive. Dead or alive. Dead or alive. Dead or alive! I say as the mob runs away, leaving their signs behind. I turn to Barb.

-So? How did I do? I ask confidently.
-I-Uh-Huh-wow, Barb blabbers.
-You're awesome, she gasps.
-Thank you, I say sheepishly and wring my toes in the dirt under my feet.
-Well my rocking girlfriend, what do you say we eat some luxury dinner tonight? Barb says and holds out an elbow.
-Absolutely, I say and take it. We walk off to the nearest saloon for a nice evening out.