Vol 2 Ch 3: Sports Festival?

Start from the beginning

"S-Sensei! These privileges you get when you come in at 1st place and 2nd place! What do you mean you can receive marks for written exams with them!?".

"It's exactly what you think it is, Hirano. From the prizes you win at the sports festival, you can acquire marks you can use to supplement your written exams. In particular, you're bad at Chemistry and Computers, right? It means the marks you've acquired can be used in any way you like. For each mark you acquire it just means it'll be incredibly useful for your next test"

It couldn't be helped if they became restless from that but for those students whose sole speciality happens to be sports, screams of delight also rose up.

If we spring into action in the sports festival and acquire marks, we can use them to supplement our scores in the case that they get failing grades later. In other words, it means the possibility of us evading expulsion had risen.

Looking at it from the perspective of students who are skirting the failing grade, it could truly be described as a situation they have been waiting for.

For me, I am confident enough that I can get decent marks but there is a chance I might fail in one of the subjects. I guess this will be a good opportunity for me aswell. However, getting a place in the first three spots is impossible for me. So I guess it's best to give up on that idea...

However, Such troublesome contents were also written at the bottom of it.

"Sensei, what kind of penalty is this going to be?". Komiya asked.

"For you 1st years the penalty imposed will be a score deduction on your next written exam. The bottom 10 students score-wise will be receiving a deduction of 10 marks so beware of that. As for how the deduction of scores will be applied, that will be explained as the next written exam draws near so I won't be taking any questions on that here. Again, the announcement of the bottom 10 will be conducted similarly and will be announced on the occasion of the explanation regarding the written exam".

"Geeeeh!?!? Seriously!?".

DAMN! IF I GET ONE OF THOSE BOTTOM PLACES! THEN I WILL FAIL FOR SURE! JUST HOW CRUEL CAN THIS SCHOOL BE?!

Okay. I need to calm down and review this a little more.

In dividing up the events that will be held during the sports festival into categories they can be split up between 'Universal Participation' and 'Recommended Only Participation'.

Universal Participation is, literally, an event where all the students of a class participate.

The individual 100 meter sprint is also like that, and group competitions such as tug of war also fall under this category.

On the other hand, Recommended Only Participation means a competition where only the students selected from their respective classes participate.

They say 'recommendation' but as long as the class can come to an agreement even a self-recommendation will suffice. It won't matter even if a single individual participates in multiple
Recommended Only Participation contests.

The point is, it's an event that's decided through discussion. The contents of this are the scavenger hunt, the mixed gender three-legged race and the 1200 meter relay.

It can be expected that the most eminent and talented individuals will be participating. In this sports festival, since the rise and fall of the points will be determined purely by the results.

The rules are also overwhelmingly simple.

However, the composite nature of the points for the team competitions and the individual competitions is unusually troublesome.