Late Night: 2B - Nier Automata

Requested by Aeon_Hunter

A.U - Police Officer 2B

This oneshot is inspired by After_Dusk-IB 's oneshot chapter named "The Major Complex", sorry for mentioning you guys, I'm not sure whether Lexi or Ivan is on that account rn, so yeah.

Anyway, let's start

~Commence~

Tick

Tick

Tick

Tick

The sound of the clock ticking makes your head snap towards it, looking at it, you see that it is already 2:40 am, meaning you've been waiting for your girlfriend for 4 hours, her food on the fridge, your ass on the couch, staring at the T.V that you've long turned off.

Standing up, you were about to go to your room and sleep but the sound of keys and the door opening made you stop in your tracks.

Turning 180, you stand there face to face. Her looking tired from the job, and you looking tired from waiting.

"H-hey..." 2B starts, trying to break the awkward silence surrounding the two of you.

"Hey..." You reply monotonously. Walking towards the fridge, you put her food on the table where she usually sit when you two eat together.

"Here's your food." You present it to her, it was the usual food you cook, but she would eat it rather than eat anyone else's cooking because it's good.

"Thanks... Hey, are you mad?" 2B asks you, halting you again of your movement, again.

Shaking your head, you answer it with a simple "No." And with that, you continue to bed.

Now left alone, she walks towards the food you made, sitting down, she slowly takes a portion out of the dish and slowly eats it.

Swallowing the food down, tears builds up on her eyes, tears that slowly cascades down her cheeks, to her chin, and ultimately landing on the hard wood table.

Sobbing quietly to herself, she drops the utensils down and brings her hands to her face to try and wipe the tears away, but all it did was smear her tears all over her face.

Still sobbing, she decides that she needs to talk to you, but not before finishing the food you made her.

"F-fuck... I-I need to talk to him..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

As you step out of the shower, the door suddenly opens with 2B walking in, her gaze on the floor.

Without saying anything, you climb to your bed and as you're about to lay down, 2B asks.

"Can... Can we talk?"

With a sigh, you sit down on the bed, hands on your side, legs dangling at the edge.

Nodding, you pat the spot bedside you. "Sure.."