I Don't Want To Leave You

Once we got back home, there was only a day before Chris had to leave to start prepping in L.A. for a smaller role he had for a movie. The actual amount of filming he had to do for it wasn't too much, but there were some stunts he had to learn and some moves for a fight scene.  This meant he would have to learn the choreography before he could even begin his part of filming.  He wouldn't be gone as long as if he were a lead but it would still be for a few weeks at least and maybe up to a month.  I had meetings in New York for the next book the day after Chris left.  I'd only be there for a few days because it was for any changes the publishers may want to suggest and for me to either say yes or no to.  Most of my part was complete for the next installment other than this.

All of this was set to take place around the one year mark of me meeting the guys.  Scott wanted to tag along with me which I was completely fine with.  He also wanted to have a mini friends vacay to celebrate our anniversary between my meetings and our journey to L.A. to meet up with Chris.  I thought it may be good for Chris and I to have a little space after the events with his ex-girlfriend cornering me. 

We were fine and it was in the past, but I knew the hurt from him keeping things from me would take some time to get over.  So, some one on one bff time would hopefully help before I got to finally see what would sometimes be my home away from home.  Chris usually only stayed in the L.A. house when he had work or meetings or awards to attend to so it wasn't really a home as much as a residence.  I hadn't seen it though since I had only been to California once.  Chris was working at the time and I stayed with Scott so I didn't see the house then but this time was going to be very different.  I was Chris' girlfriend and he was going to be there.

When we got home, I had to pack for two trips since Scott and I would be leaving from New York to go to L.A.  Chris had to pack everything he needed for Dodger and whatever he may want that wasn't at the house there.  By the time we finished packing and getting the house set since we wouldn't be back for a while, we were exhausted and fell asleep on the sofa watching tv.  The next thing we knew, the sun was up and Lisa was there to pick Chris up for the airport, dropping Scott off to leave with me.  Needless to say, Chris was scurrying around trying to find everything he was supposed to take and basically just turning in circles as he began getting frustrated, almost knocking his brother over and taking it out on Scott.  "Scotty, would you just sit down out of the way while I get my shit together?" 

Chris took off to the bedroom to get his wallet and I followed behind him, grabbing his hand and speaking up as we crossed the doorway.  He stopped walking and spun around to face me.  I smiled up at him, causing him to take a deep breath, hoping this meant he knew I was trying to make him take a minute to calm down.  Speaking quietly, I reached up and placed my hands behind his neck to bring him closer to me.  "Slow down.  We packed last night so everything should be ready.  If you forget anything, Scott and I will only be in New York so we can swing back by here before we come out there if we need to.  Okay?"

Smiling, Chris dropped his head a little lower to kiss me.  I tightened my grip around his neck and he deepened the kiss, wrapping his arms completely around my back.  Leaning his forehead on mine, Chris looked into my eyes as he pulled back from the kiss to speak.  "I love you.  I'm gonna miss you."

"Chris, it's only gonna be about a week.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

"And it also makes some things grow harder."  Chris let out a roar of a laugh at his own joke as I swatted his shoulder, yelling at him.

"Christopher!"

"Well it's true!"  Pulling me back into his embrace, Chris kissed me once more before holding me tight in a long hug and speaking in my ear.  "I got so used to being with you and not having to be apart that I don't want to have to leave you."