5. Life Turns Upside Down

Its been months since Papa has been home, and just like Uncle Stefan he has taken a liking into Katherine. He spends more time with me than Katherine but I can still see the way he looks at her.

 I was walking past uncle Stefan's room and I saw his door was cracked open. Through the little crack, I could see Katherine bite into his neck. 

I was scared, ran into Papa's room scared. Whenever I was scared or I had a bad dream I would go into Papa or Uncle Stefan's room. 

I opened his door and jumped in his bed a snuggled with him causing him to wake up. 

"Sophia what's wrong?" He asked in a raspy voice. 

"I-I seen Ms. Katherine face turn into something and bite Uncle Stefan," I say dig my face into my father's chest. 

He wrapped in his arms around me. 

"It's ok Sophia, she would never hurt you ok," Papa said. 

I nodded my head. 

"And promise me that you would not tell your grandfather," He said holding his pinky. 

Whenever one of us held out our pinky that means we have to keep it. I wrapped my pinky around his. 

"Pwomise," I said.

 "Good now lets go get ready for the day," Papa said taking my to the bathroom and gave me a bath. 

After we went downstairs and went into the dining room. Everyone was in their usual spots. Uncle Stefan next to Katherine, Katherine across from my grandfather and Papa sat down next to grandfather and me on his lap since I was to mall to sit in a chair. 
------------------------------------------
I was in my play room while Papa and Uncle Stefan were, well I don't know what they were doing. I was drawing a picture of Katherine and her monster face and fiddling with the necklace Emily gave me. 

I promised papa that I wouldn't tell Giuseppe but I don't know why he made me promise though. 

Katherine came into my play room. 

"Hello Ms. Sophia," She said. 

"Hello," I said looking up at her. 

"Can you see what your drawing?" Katherine asked. 

I shook my head 'no' and hid the drawing behind my back.

 "Can I please see?" She begged. 

I continued to shake me head. 

"Fine, but I was wondering if you can help me with something," She said. 

I nodded. 

"You see Sophia I'm hungry," She said. 

My heart started to race when she said that, was she going to bite me like uncle Stefan? Her face changed and she lunge at me and I felt a sharp pain go into my neck. My body started to feel weak.

 At that moment Anna came in with her mother.

 "Katherine, what are you doing?" Ms. Pearl asked sounding worried. 

She pulled Katherine away from me and walked out of the room with her. Anna stayed and she her face changed when she but into her wrist. 

"Drink," Was all she said. I did as told and drunk from her wrist.

 I felt a metallic taste come across my tongue, I swallowed it so it would go away. My neck started to feel weird once I did.

 Anna pulled her wrist away from me and gave me a sad smile.