☾7☽•Normalizing

Start from the beginning

|~•~|

Julietta was at the stove, cooking some treats so she could go to her work with a pre made batch of food for healing.It was early in the morning, and she did not have a good sleep because of the thunder from Pepa having a dream she was NOT enjoying.Julietta didn't blame her sister of course, but if only her cooking could fix tiredness as well as injuries.

She turned around for only a minute, and the pan was boiling over already.She gasped loudly, and went to turn it off but before she had a chance a flash of bunched up feathers shielded her from the fire and hot water.The noise softened to a sizzle.Toma turned around."Are you alright Julietta?" He questioned her.Julietta nodded her head, and gasped at the burns on his arms and hands.
"Toma! Your..arms and hands..!" She exclaimed.Toma blinked, and reached for the cupboard for an arepa out of the jar.Julietta always kept a jar of arepas in the cupboard for just-in-case scenarios.Toma munched on it, and the burns faded.Julietta sighed in relief.
"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.Toma nodded."It was only some burns, do not worry about me." Toma assured, somewhat.Julietta was even more concerned, but decided that it could be brought up at a different time."well, thank you very much, how did you know I was in need of assistance?" Julietta chuckled.Toma cleared the rest of his arepa, before responding."well, hn, was dreaming of water, so when I woke up I was thirsty.Hm-I didn't want to drink the pond water, so I decided to go to the kitchen and ,hm,maybe grab a snack.And, conviently..." he explained.Julietta nodded in understanding.Julietta grabbed a glass and filled it with water, then handed it to the boy."well, here you go.Thank you Toma" Julietta smiled.Toma nodded to her, flicking his ear.He took a sip of water before heading out of the kitchen, his tail swirling in delight at the fresh liquid behind him.

|~•~|

Camilo was helping Luisa heard Donkeys, since she was busy fixing peoples houses from the storm from last night.He didn't mind- so far it was going fine.Until it wasn't.How was he supposed to know that on the same farm, there was also a bull?!

He  ended up tripping himself into the pen, and was faced with the black horned animal.The bull scraped its hoof against the dirt, and snorted a cloud of dust.It was about to charge, when a blast of wind hit the ground infront of Camilo, a pair of wings shielding him;Toma! Camilo relaxed, and saw that other people passing by stopped to watch the commotion.

Toma turned his lips up into a snarl, his wings making him look bigger as he grew a few inches to about 5'6.Their feet were placed firmly on the ground, hands out infront of him waiting for the bulls next move.Which, from the looks of it, would not happen.The bull backed down, and ran the opposite direction to 'hide away'.Toma relaxed his stance, and breathed out.He helped Camilo up out of the dirt."woah! That was awesome! You were so hot, flexing your wings like that and looking all scary to protect me~!" Camilo sang, a smirk visible on his face.Toma made a 'hm' sound, and shook his head in disappointment(and maybe hidden embarrassment)."are you alright, Camilo?" Toma asked formally.Camilo nodded."Yeah! That bull was totally no match for you, Toma the protector!" Camilo joked.Toma smirked and crossed his arms as Camilo cackled.Before he could say anything else, Toma simply nodded to him and disappeared into the air.

"So cooool..."Camilo whined.

|~•~|

Augustine was simply trying to cut down a tree for some resources.The village needed wood for a new building the were going to build, and he decided to help out.Atleast this time there was no bee nest, but instead the tree decided to try and squash him.He couldn't tell you how it fell his way, even if he tried.Before the tree could crush him, since he was frozen in shock and only a second to think, a black blur picked him up and out of the way.Immediately the blur set him on the ground, and then left.

"Huh...must've been Toma.." Augustine said out loud

|~•~|

Toma was exhausted.This is why he hated when people said they wish they had their gift, because the drawbacks are awful.His while body was sore, his senses were overwhelming him, his reflexes made him feel like melting into the floor, and on top of that they felt nauseous.It was night time, and he didn't come to dinner because he had to talk to some villager in town about safety measures about the construction site.They said that his presence and ideas would 'benefit them', so he complied to help.Señora Alma did not mind of course, because she knew he had to do this for him to feel comfort in his new environment.Maybe after a month or two, he would be told to always attend dinner unless he felt unwell, but otherwise no pressure.Dinners were important, but if something came up she understood.

Toma dragged his feet, his tail twitching and his wings drawn over him like a blanket on his shoulders.He wanted to just get an arepa, and go to bed.Maybe soak in the large pond in his room for a bit.They knew they were shaking quite a lot, after all for 3 weeks straight they have been working until they were too tired to move.He didn't care though, because he should be used to working."tch, how pathetic.." Toma mumbled quietly to himself, like a whisper.

"Ah, what was tha-"

Toma yelped, going into a defensive position and turning around him.He internally groaned.'too fast too fast!' His brain whined.Turning around, he met the face of Bruno.He also yelped, and tripped over himself until he stood 'upright' again."s-sorry Toma! I didn't mean to scare you, hehe." Bruno apologized.Toma relaxed his stance, catching himself before melting into the floor."hm" Toma let out softly.He turned to go to the cupboard with the jar of arepas, and let Bruno do what he pleased.He was not in the mood for talking.Bruno seemed to pick up on this, because he rubbed Toma's shoulder and softly said "let me help".Toma shook his head."I'm fine" Toma spoke faintly, and grabbed the jar, took an arepa, closed the lid and put it back.Bruno raised his eye brow at Toma, as he took a bite.Toma didn't bother to hide his disappointment."what's wrong?" Bruno inquired.Toma shook his head."Tired" is all he said, before heading to bed.

Bruno was concerned, but decided it would be best to talk to the kid about it in the morning

|~•~|

He hated hated hated hated his gift.The aftermath of payment for helping, taking the hit, not allowing himself to feel the pain until the moon was among the stars in the black sky.It reminded him of his mother.So painful, so exhausting, so...empty.

Toma laid in the middle of his bed, shoes off and a plain shirt on with loose black pants to match;shorts.His muscles flexed in pain, but his muscles were to exhausted to tense.He was too tired to bring himself to the pond, because he knew he would fall asleep in it.So he laid there, taking deep breaths and not moving an inch under the covers.

'Useless'

|~•~|