Chapter 6: Midnight Mansion (4)

Start from the beginning

———It was Bai Yi.

As soon as he looked up, Cheng Zhi Chu was faced with Bai Yi's handsome face. The other person also happened to look down at the same time and revealed to him a gorgeous smile to seemingly appease him.

Cheng Zhi Chu was briefly stunned but, after hearing the sound of blood droplets falling to the ground slowly get louder and louder, he realized that the footsteps were less than an inch away from him!

He instantly got anxious. Bai Yi had come over to save him and he didn't want to get Bai Yi involved. No longer caring about anything else, he pulled out the key with the intention to throw it and use it to attract the ghost's attention, but Bai Yi grabbed his hand and said gently: "Don't worry. It's okay."

After he said this, he looked up and glanced sternly in the direction of the footsteps. Those pitch-black eyes of his were both dark and deep, as if it was an abyss that could swallow up everything. From it, an extremely dangerous aura could be felt.

"Splat, splat........."

Like someone had suddenly stepped down onto the brakes, the footprints suddenly stopped, and blood sprayed out around it. The half-missing foot didn't touch the ground and just hung in the air. Just beneath it was a pool of blood that just happened to form the shape of the sole of a foot.

The corners of Bai Yi's lips rose, and he gave the ghost a smile. With faint shadows cast over his face, those eyes of his looked extremely cold.

"Bang———Smack! "

The next moment, Cheng Zhi Chu suddenly saw the footprints turn 180 degrees and speed off. If it wasn't running in the direction of Wang Jianming and the others, he would have thought that it was running for its life.

"Ahhhh————"

Seeing the footprints rush towards them, Wang Jianming and Ren Xue screamed in fear and began running around the room the same way Cheng Zhi Chu had just moments ago.

Cheng Zhi Chu turned to look over at Bai Yi in surprise: "How did you stop it from chasing me?"

"........." Bai Yi fell silent for a few seconds and then said. "I used some holy water on myself, so it probably scared it off. I wasn't sure that it would work but it looks like it did."

"Since you have something that could be used to deal with the ghost, why didn't you bring it out earlier?!!"

Wang Jianming yelled with a very pale face. He rolled across the ground to narrowly escape the footprints behind him and briefly felt the ghost's fingers brush against him

"There are lots of things in the bag, so it took me a while to find." Bai Yi slowly added, "Do you want me to take it out?"

"No shit! Did you just want to watch me die—–Ah!"

Wang Jianming suddenly felt something sharp slash across his back. Three thin slashes appeared on his back causing him to fall to the ground screaming. Something invisible then grabbed him by his neck and a purple handprint appeared on his skin.

"Jianming!"

Ren Xue's anger towards Wang Jianming instantly vanished and she cried out in horror. Lu Wenjing was also terrified. She trembled against the wall with a shockingly pale face.

"Bai Yi, do you still have any holy water left?" Cheng Zhi Chu was also very anxious. If they couldn't get rid of this ghost, not only Wang Jianming, every one of them would die here!

"Yes."

Bai Yi nodded and then proceeded to make an expression as if he was looking for something. Every one of them had their own system backpack and their backpacks had a certain number of compartments that they can use to store items in.