Chapter 4: Midnight Mansion (2)

Start from the beginning

The moment you enter the building, the game starts.

I wish you a happy game.

"..........."

After hearing the tasks announced, the corners of Cheng Zhi Chu's mouth twitched a few times —— What happy? How can he be happy with a garbage special task like that?!

"Can I ask how I should refer to you guys?"

After everyone was done hearing about the instance, Bai Yi smiled and spoke up.

The docile woman appeared to be rather introverted and only fidgeted awkwardly without saying anything. The female half of the couple wanted to say something, but she was held back by her boyfriend who just snorted coldly at Bai Yi. It appears that he was still unhappy about the earlier incident of his girlfriend staring at Bai Yi and wanted to kick him off his high horse.

"Hello, I am Cheng Zhi Chu. Um... I hope we can all cooperate with each other and clear this instance together."

Cheng Zhi Chu didn't want there to be any conflicts in the team before the game had even started so he took the lead and introduced himself.

"Hello everyone, I am Lu Wenjing..."

The seemingly docile woman said this in a quiet voice. Cheng Zhi Chu who heard this had the urge to laugh. This woman really is true to her name. She can't be more docile and quieter than she is already. 

(KKnotes: Wenjing literally means gentle and quiet)

But the next second, Lu Wenjing suddenly pulled out a long crowbar from inside her backpack. The crowbar was still stained with blood. With a splat, a drop of blood fell to the ground.

Cheng Zhi Chu: "..."

"Hello, I am Ren Xue. This is my... my boyfriend, Wang Jianming."

The beautiful female half of the couple ignored her boyfriend's attempts to hold her back and introduced them both. At the same time, she didn't forget to reveal a sweet smile at Bai Yi: "Bai Yi, it's nice to meet you."

Her boyfriend Wang Jianming stood behind her with a dark expression. He clearly wasn't happy about his girlfriend talking to Bai Yi, but he couldn't stop her and could only watch on reluctantly.

With him looking like this and his earlier act of spouting cheesy love talk to try and please the other party, Cheng Zhi Chu could easily tell what was going on. Wang Jianming was most likely his girlfriend Ren Xue's spare tire and faithful dog. After finally managing to turn things in his favor, he was probably afraid that someone would steal his girlfriend and would treat all men with wariness.

But with that slight pause in Ren Xue's words, it was apparent that she didn't like Wang Jianming all that much. She had difficulty admitting that he's her boyfriend and it seemed like she wouldn't hesitate to dump him at any point in time.

As for Wang Jianming, he definitely regards Ren Xue as a goddess. The reason why this buddy is here was probably because he followed his goddess over. If his goddess said that she's very scared, this buddy here probably patted his chest in confidence and became a player by accepting it through the app. It's almost certain that he would have said something along the lines of him protecting her...

At this moment, Ren Xue stretched her hand out to Bai Yi, but Bai Yi only smiled gently and didn't hold it. He just took the lead and said: "If everyone is okay with it, let's go in."

Ren Xue bit onto her lower lip and revealed a trace of hurt expression on her face. Wang Jianming felt particularly distressed seeing this. He angrily glared at Bai Yi and then patted his chest: "Xiao Xue, sometimes you can tell that someone is unreliable with just one glance. You don't need to be so friendly with him. Don't worry, you have me here. I will definitely protect you!"