2

I played The 1975 out loud from my iPhone while getting ready tonight. I was going to an unfamiliar club and figured it would be nice to see different and new faces around. Maybe someone would like to get wasted as hell with me. Maybe someone would like to talk about my problems with me. Maybe someone could tell me that I'm not the only person in the whole entire world that's this sad. Maybe someone. Maybe.

I got into my Uber and went to a whole different side of LA for this club. As soon as I walked inside, it seemed like everyone was already drunk. Everyone seemed around my age, but cooler and prettier than me.

I ordered a few drinks and sipped them particularly fast. I debated on talking to anyone, but decided against it and just headed outside so I could smoke. God, did I need a smoke.

"Fuck!" I screamed when someone bumped into me and spilled their drink all over me.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry." He mumbled. "It's just water, my friends told me not to drink tonight." He looked back at a group of 3 boys giggling at us.

"Yeah, it's okay." I said and started to walk off.

"Wait!" He called, but I kept walking. Eventually, he followed me outside. When he stepped in the light of the sidewalk, I saw that his hair was dyed a bright blue/purple.

"Dude, why are you following me?" I asked a bit harshly.

"I-I don't know." He seemed to be nervous and trip over his own words. "I like your hair, by the way." He gestures to my also bright blue hair. "Twins." He chuckles and points back to his own hair.

I smile weirdly, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it.

"Smoking is bad for you." He says quietly than before.

"I know." I say confidently. "That's why I do it."

"Well, um, sorry again for spilling water on you." He scratches his neck nervously and starts to head inside.

"Wait," I call to him and touch his shoulder. He turns around and looks at me. "I didn't get your name."

He turns fully and smiles. "Michael. And you?"

"I'm Alison." I smile back and shake his hand awkwardly.

"What about your last name?" He asks.

I take another breath of my cigarette before questioning him. "Why should I tell you my last name? You could be a serial killer." I say and earn a giggle out of him. "Plus, you didn't tell me your last name."

He looks down and smiles. "Clifford. Michael Clifford."

"Cool, like the dog?" I tease and he brings his hand up to his face, still smiling like an idiot. "Just kidding. It's a cool name. Promise." I throw my cigarette on the ground and crush it under my shoe. "I'm Alison Sparks."

"Like the Coldplay song?" He teases me back, revenge from what I said about his name.

"Yep, like the Coldplay song." I sip what's left of my drink. "Pretty bomb ass song if you ask me."

He chuckles again. "Agreed." I smile at the sight of a smile on his face.

"Mikey." Someone opens the door quickly and stands outside next to Michael. "Your my ride, Cal ditched me. Ashton and him are going home with some girls. Not together, but you know what I mean." His awkward height towers over both me and Michael.

"Okay. Just give me one second, Luke." He says and shoos him back inside. "Sorry." He rubs his temple as if Luke was annoying him.

"It's alright. I'll see you around?" I say and give him a nod, not trying to make things any more awkward.

"Sure." He says and smiles at me before walking back inside to find his little friend Luke, or whatever.

I don't mind Michael. He was really nice to me, and not many people in LA have been nice to me since I moved here. Plus, we had the same color hair! He might be a keeper.