Say You Forgive Me

Începe de la început

When the steps reach the middle of the hall, I hear a thump and I quickly go around and stab the man in the head after Duane pushes him into the floor with his foot, I look up at Duane and he nods before we run up the stairs.

"We need to stay up here for now. This isn't Roxy and Amethyst's first time dealing with these assholes" Duane says, grabbing the dresser in the room and pulling it in front of the door.

"The W people?" I ask, he nods, and we move to a corner in the room.

"A long while after they found me, it was actually only a couple months before I found you, they left me in a treehouse in the backyard of some house so they could go scrounge some food up in the neighborhood. But the house we raided was where the W's had their base for a few days.....They tried to do things to Roxy... but Amethyst? She started screaming and I thought she was stupid cause that'd bring walkers. That was her plan though, before we stopped at that house there were walkers in a yard, a lot of them. She was able to get Roxy to the treehouse when the walkers broke into the house. We were stuck in that treehouse all night" Duane says, looking at the ground the whole time.

"With Roxy...Did they...?" I trail off, not even wanting to say it, Duane shakes his head.

"No. Amethyst cut the guy's hands off with her machete. She wrote that she didn't regret losing her morality for a few minutes and that she'd do it again if it meant keeping Roxy and I safe" He says, digging through his backpack and handing me a paper.

I don't regret it.
My morality doesn't matter in this world
My family does. I will be the fucking wall dangerous shit
slams against for my family

I flip the paper over and read the other note

I'd do it again. For Roxy, and for you, Duane.
You're officially under my protection now.
Welcome to my family, kiddo

"You kept it?" I ask, he smiles.
"Yeah, it was the first time I felt like I was in a family since my mom died" He says, I smile at the note before giving it back to him.

"If we survive this, I'm gonna find a frame for it" I say, listening to how quiet it's gotten outside, Duane shakes his head.

"No. I carry it with me, a frame would make that difficult" He says, I nod and look out the window. Nobody is running around anymore, no more Molotov cocktails being thrown either. I think they're all dead.

"Amethyst knows we're in here, she'll get us if it's over" Duane says, putting the paper back in his backpack.
''Okay..." I mumble, looking down at my ankle.

My ankle healed, Amethyst's leg healed mostly, she still kinda limps though, Denise said that might be permanent based on where the sword hit.

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

We've been in here for maybe 2 hours. Around when we first got in here a car horn started going off.

We even played I spy. Short game I must say.

I jump when the door to the room starts being pushed open and Duane quickly stands next to me.

"It's Amethyst" He says, listening to the knocks on the door, we push the dresser away from the door and Amethyst bursts inside and starts checking me and Duane over.

"Are you two okay!?" She signs, I nod and she pulls off her mask before kissing me and Duane on the top of our heads and hugging us.

"You two did good" She signs as she puts on her mask and starts taking us outside, I look around at everything.