Chapter 3 Revisited: I know (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Family, we are all thankful for Antonio's wonderful new-"

Alma grunted in surprise as she noticed the coatimundis on her chair.

"-gift"

"I told them to warm up your seat" Antonio cheerily told his abuela. He was surrounded by all types of animals.

Felix gave Antonio a thumbs up.

"Thank you, Toñito" Alma shooed the animals off of her chair before sitting down, "I'm sure today we'll find a way to put your blessings to good use."

Mirabel turned to Luisa, attempting to speak softly.

"Luisa, Dolores says you're totally freaking out" she said, "any chance you maybe know something about last night with the magic...?"

Luisa's eye noticeably twitched.

"You do!"  Mirabel loudly shouted, smacking the table before pointing at her sister.

The entire family stared at Mirabel.

"Mirabel!" Alma firmly addressed her granddaughter "If you can't pay attention, I will help you."

"Oh, actually..."

"Casita!" Alma called out.

In response, Casita moved Mirabel next to her Abuela.

Félix moved his plate over to his new spot.

"As I was saying" Alma said, giving Mirabel a warning look, "we must never take our miracle for granted, so today we will work twice as hard."

Mirabel leaned back in her chair, looking over at Luisa. Noticing Mirabel's attention on her, Luisa's eyes went wide and she moved her gaze downward.

Mirabel saw an opportunity.

"Mm-hmm, I will help Luisa!" Mirabel offered, trying to leave her chair.

"Stop" Alma ordered.

Casita moved Mirabel back closer to the table.

Alma stood up, demonstrating a commanding presence.

"First, an announcement" Alma said.

She moved towards Isabela.

"I've spoken to the Guzmáns about Mariano's proposal to Isabela" she informed the family, gently cupping Isabela's chin in her hand.

"Dolores, do we have a date?"

Everyone waited a small moment as Dolores listened for an answer. Finally, she spoke.

"Tonight. He wants five babies" Dolores said.

Hearing this, Isabela gulped, multiple flowers suddenly appearing in her hair.

Rosa shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"Wonderful!" Alma said, pleased at the news.

She picked the single white flower from Isabela's hair.

"Such a fine young man with our perfect Isabela will bring a new generation of magical blessings and make both of our families stronger."

Camilo then decided to tease Isabela by morphing into Mariano and making a kissy face at her.

Pedro and Matheo decided to join in with the joking around.

"Oooh Mariano!" The two of them said simultaneously.

Wearing a smirk, Isabela sent flowers flying into the boy's faces; Camilo changed back to himself. All three of them spat out some flowers.

"Okay. Our community is counting on us" Alma turned to face the entire family, "La Familia Madrigal!"