12

*Stiles*

It's been a day and a half. Derek and Isaac still aren't here though I'm sure they've stopped for sleep and food. If they haven't I'm going to knock sense into Derek. I'm sure they're worried like I am, but food is essential. Especially for werewolves with higher metabolism. Nik's been locked in his room with Liam the whole time. I can't imagine what he's feeling but I bet Elijah knows. He goes into Nik's room to check on them both a lot. If I was only stronger to keep the Nogitsune out and stronger to fight off Donavon without killing him maybe that would've helped. Or if I was strong enough to survive my family in Mystic Falls. Strong enough to survive Uncle John. Strong enough to not need Enzo or Damon. Then I'd have never arrived in Beacon Hills, never have led Scott into the woods that night. He wouldn't have gotten bit and never have changed. I probably have never met Elijah, but maybe it would have been worth it because then no one would be in the situation they're in now. No one would be hurt, not Isaac, not Liam, and Allison would be alive. Liam wouldn't be dying. 

"You're doing it again, Stiles." Elijah hummed walking down the stairs. 

"Sorry,"  I said glancing at him briefly taking a few breaths as a knock sounded on the door. I walked over to the door opening it as something came barrelling through and slamming into me. Well more of a someone. I backed more into the house allowing the visitors to come in. It's Derek and Isaac. 

"Stiles," whined Isaac as he tightened his hold on me and I returned the hug before turning my focus to Derek. 

"You okay?" 

"We've been better." 

"I'm sure you have." I chuckled attempting to remove Isaac. I was starting to get uncomfortable. 

"Isaac."-Derek

Nothing

"Isaac can you please let go of Stiles?"-Elijah

A shake of his head. 

"Just ignore him for the moment. Did you get enough sleep?"

"Enough for the moment." 

"You mean enough to be able to check on Liam." 

"Yeah."

"Elijah can take you to Nik's room. That's where Liam is." 

At that Isaac let go and looked to Elijah who ruffled his hair. 

"Come on." He said leading Isaac away. Derek scent marked me and squeezed my neck before following them up the stairs. I'm glad they got here okay. 

*Rebekah*

I pulled up to the house after grabbing a snack to a black camero in the driveway. Stiles' friends must've arrived. Ignoring it, I made my way inside freezing immediately. My mate is nearby. The scent reminds me of the forest from when I was a child. The fresh dew smell after it rained. I can feel the mate bond strengthen in my chest. 

"Derek, are you okay?" Stiles asked from the kitchen. I heard a grunted response which must've come from Derek. My mate. I quickly fixed my appearance and entered the kitchen. The new face must be Derek. He just stared at me. Stiles looked between us before retreating. Smart boy. He can read the room. 

"I'm Rebbekah." 

"Derek." 

This is going to be an awkward conversation.