"I'm sorry.." She heard the soft whisper right before falling head onto the floor, loosing the last bit of strength she held.

___

Elena woke up, seeing her mother sitting, asleep on her desk chair as Elena laid completely bandaged up on her bed.

She looked confused at her mother. The woman who never paid a single ounce of attention to her own daughter, the woman that went out with multiple of men each night, the woman that had ignored the beatings Elena has gotten her whole life, had bandaged her up, waiting for her.

Elena smiled at the small thought before realizing.

'She was never there, why the sudden change?' She thought to herself, feeling her ribs hurt more and more with each thought.

Karla Yuuji, formerly an Aoki, was the mother of Elena. A woman with yet another cruel way of treating Elena. While Junichiro often used physical violence, Karla resulted to mental and emotional abuse which let Elena's self-esteem and self-confidence go to waste.

Elena knew she wouldn't be able to go out for weeks, probably till school started again.

"You awake?"

"Yeah, I guess." Elena mumbled, feeling the slight disappointment in hearing her mothers harsh voice.

Her mom was obviously intoxicated. 'It wasn't real'.

Karla scoffed before standing up. "I just didn't want you to die. We still need someone to do chores around the house." She said with a disgusted look as she looked at her Elena.

She nodded and looked down before Karla left the room. Sighing, she grabbed her phone, seeing as it was currently 6:34 PM she gasped slightly.

"I was asleep for over 6 hours!" She said in disbelief. Elena laid down, tucking herself in with the thin blanket she had.

Then the thought of her father entered her mind.

'Why didn't he stop mom? It's unlike him...' She thought to herself.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her phone vibrating. She looked at the screen to see the nickname "Shi🥱" . Elena moved forward and picked the phone up, answering the call.

"Yeah?" She responded in a husky voice. "Are you okay? You haven't called me all day. I got worried." He spoke into the phone.

"Oh sorry. I was busy doing chores." She lied to make sure he didn't worry too much. But Elena knew she had a broken nose, broken ribs, a bruise on her eye, and most likely a busted lip.

"Yeah okay. Want to hang out tomorrow?" He asked. Elena immediately tensed up and figured out a quick excuse. "Ah, I'm sorry I can't. I have to study and practice. You know my father." She lied once more.

Shinsou didn't buy it, so what he said next was going to be final. "Elena, I'm coming over." He told her confidently. Before Elena had the chance to respond, he hung up.

Elena sighed, knowing it was probably for the best he found out anyways.

As a couple of minutes passed, she heard a knock on her window. She struggled to stand up before limping towards the window only to find Shinso hanging onto the branch that was connected to the huge tree in front of her window.

She opened the window and let him sneak in.
Shinso immediately hugged her, careful not to bruise anything. "What the hell happened?" He asked in a low voice as he examined her.

"I didn't want to hug Karla, so he- you know." She said, feeling tears well up in her eyes as her voice cracked slightly.

Shinso looked into her eyes, feeling the sadness build up as Elena begun crying into his arms. He had been the only one there for her during her hard time with her family. He was there to comfort her.

"It's going to be okay. I promise you. Next week we get the results on the entrance exam and hopefully we'll get into the same class, right?" Shinso asked, trying to reassure Elena that things would turn out just fine.

"I guess so. Thank you.." she said, feeling slightly better.

"For?"

"Everything"
________________
Words: 2532

Aha! Chapter 2 is out :) NICE NICE NICE. I hope you like this so far! I have been planning this in my head for awhile, but I decided to post it.

Ah! That's all!

Ciao Lovelies <3