Chapter 3

"Okay, girls! Let's get moving!" Abby shouted at us once we finished stretching.

We all bolted to our spots because Abby isn't in an encouraging mood today.

"Faster! Faster!" Abby urged as we danced.

Finally, after many more critiques, Abby yelled, "Stop!"

We all stopped, along with the music. Sighing, Miss Abby announced, "Girls, I know you can do better than this. What's wrong with everyone? Kenzie seems to be the only girl focused today."

I glanced at Mackenzie who grinned at Abby's remark.

"I think we have to cancel practice today. Everyone can go home, practice the dance, and come to our last rehearsal tomorrow," Abby instructed. "Go!"

Disappointed, the rest of the girls and I left the dance room and entered the den. The moms probably haven't noticed that we left yet because none of them appeared to be in the room.

"I'll go inform the moms," Kendall decided, practically reading my mind. Kendall walked upstairs into the room I like to call the 'lookout room' because it is kind of like a lookout.

A few minutes later, I heard footsteps coming down into the den.

"That's too bad you don't get more practice time with Abby," Holly sympathized.

"We should really say something to Abby since the competition is only in two days!" Christi exclaimed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Chloe blush. Chloe has never liked watching her mom pick fights with Abby and vice versa.

Once my shoes were off and in my bag, I traversed over to my mom. Since Mackenzie was already there, we headed out to the lobby.

As I was about to step outside into the cool, fresh air, my mom told me, "Just wait, Maddie. Kenzie needs new shoes for the competition this weekend." Ugh, I am so disgusted but not surprised at all.

I slumped down in the bench next to the door and waited for Mom to buy Mackenzie's shoes, which took a long time by the way.

Mackenzie repeatedly whined and complained that the shoes were too tight or too loose.

Eventually, Mackenzie found a pair that fit her 'perfectly.' I headed outside to the car with my mom and Mackenzie babbling to each other behind me.

At home, Mackenzie skipped into her room, probably on her phone.

Meanwhile, I was supposed to practice my dance. Mackenzie didn't have to because she's just 'perfect' in everyone else's eyes.

I walked down to the basement where our dance room was. Thankfully, Mackenzie left her CD in the stereo because I forgot to bring my speakers down for my phone.

I pressed the play button and started dancing when I remembered that I forgot to start videotaping.

I always videotape myself when I'm practicing my dances so that I can watch myself and see what needs to be corrected. Then, when I practice the next time, I can fix those mistakes.

If only someone would notice I got better after practicing.

Hey! So do you like it so far? Do you have any ideas for it? Please critique me, it only makes me better:)

Gosh, I sound like a teacher or something lol.

Comment, vote, add to library, etc.

xoxo,
dancer634♡