~15~

Looking up at you, the man held out his hand and summoned a silver sword. A large clash resounded through the area as the swords met. He pushed his sword up and you once again were pushed back. Flipping to regain your balance, you landed on your feet and fixed your hold on your sword.

Pointing your sword at the man, you summoned electricity to envelop you before shouting, "Glide and destroy."

Around the area, spears of electricity started to form. Soon enough, you stabbed your blade to the ground and the spears started to fly towards your opponent. Staying in his spot, he started to cut apart each spear that was coming at him. Dust flying all over the area, you covered your eyes only to end up seeing him uninjured.

Huffing, he lifted his sword once more and threw it towards you. As soon as it reached you, you blocked it and directed it to your side. Eyes widening, you clenched your teeth and blocked the mans punch with your arm.

Backing away as soon as possible, you shook your arm to soothe the stinging sensation from the punch. As you were recovering, the man had summoned his sword back to his hands.

The two of you ran towards each other as fast as you could. Blades slashing and clanging you parried his attack before twisting your wrist to redirect his sword upwards and counterattack. Immediately using the opening in front of you, you jabbed your sword forward. Unfortunately, you were fighting an experienced swordsman and with his quick reflexes, he blocked the sharp point of your sword with the hilt of his own sword precisely. He adjusted his grip on his sword and brought it down before pushing it upwards once more to score an attack at you. Right before he could hit you, you backstepped and he missed you by a centimeter.

To assist you, Kazuha used his anemo power to jump up and plunge down towards the opponent. Right when he distanced the two of you, he let out a barge of strikes to which the man had somehow defended against. While he was distracted fighting Kazuha, you sprinted to his side and jabbed your sword out once more.

Once again, he had perfectly defended against your strike but, that was a simple distraction for Kazuha to summon his wall of wind. Right before he could properly summon his skill, a familiar voice interrupted the battle.

"Dain?" the high-pitched voice came out of nowhere.

Looking in the direction of the voice, you spotted Aether and Paimon running towards the side that you and Kazuha stood. Paimon looked at the three of you, her face showing concern and worry about what was going on.

"You know him Aether?" Kazuha questioned Aether as soon as the traveler came into view.

"Yea," Aether nodded. "He had helped us before when we were trying to investigate more about the Abyss. What's going on here?"

"Why did you attack y/n?" Paimon ignored Aether's question and flew towards Dain, blocking his view from you. "You nearly killed her."

Dain continued to stand in place, his eyes glaring at you with heated displeasure.

"She can't die so don't worry about me kill her," Dain gave a sarcastic laugh before sighing, letting his sword disappear from his hand. "Do you really not remember y/n?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about and more so who you are. How do you even know me?"

"Tsk," Dain clicked his tongue before walking away. "There's no point in any of this then."

"Wait," Kazuha stopped Dain by grabbing his wrist. "If you know y/n and remember something that she doesn't know, then you should be able to help her get over the curse."

"Why should I help her," Dain pulled his hand away and sped up, leaving the four of you below the mountain. "After all, she left us first..."

Soon enough, only the wind below the mountain could be heard. The silence and tensity was so thick that you could cut it with a sword. Kazuha clicked his tongue and sat on a rock near him, frustrated with the battle and meeting with Dain.

"What next," Kazuha muttered. "The only clue that we had is now gone."

"I-"

Without any warning, you gripped your chest and your heart started to throb. Your vision getting hazy, flickering between your surroundings and darkness. You could hear your heart beating in your ears as your chest started to hurt even more. Falling to your knees, the pain was intolerable. Each beat felt like your heart was being cut out and your body started to heat up like you were swimming in a pit of lava.

Clenching your chest harder, your head fell to the ground as you could barely breathe. Looking up and trying to regain control of your body, you saw a blurry Kazuha, his mouth moving but you couldn't hear anything.

~~~~~~

"Y/n," a female voice called out. "What are you doing today?"

"Hey Lumine," you heard your own voice say even though you didn't remember moving your mouth to talk.

Looking forward, you saw a girl that looked similar to Aether and the man Dain standing behind her.

"Shall we get going?" Dain smiled as he and Lumine started walking towards distance while your body somehow moved to follow them.