~10~

“You’re good,” Kazuha huffed as he leaned on his sword which was stuck into the ground. “Even though you only recently got your vision, you fight like you had it for years.”

“It’s all in experience,” you gave your hand to him to help him stand up.

The two of you had sparred after finding a place to rest as the two of you traveled to Mondstadt. Nearing the city of freedom and dandelions, you had asked your companion to train with you in case anything were to happen and you would be able to defend yourself instead of relying on him.

“Shall we go again?” Kazuha let out a breath before bringing up his sword again in preparation to fight.

Holding up your sword in response, you put your weight on your back foot and pushed yourself forward while simultaneously swinging your sword towards Kazuha’s neck. Reacting, Kazuha took the hilt of his sword and used it to block your attack while supporting the blade with his other hand. Jumping up using his anemo ability, he plunged down as you swiftly backed away.

Swinging your sword from where you stood, you called power from your vision and a slash of electricity flew towards Kazuha. Moving towards the left, Kazuha dodged the spark which had started to dissipate as soon as it blew past him. Sword right by his side, he ran towards you and in a wide downwards slash he nearly hit you to which you expertly parried with your own sword.

“As one with wind and cloud,” Kazuha called out as he gracefully unsheathed his sword, summoning a circular wall of wind.

Strong winds blowing at your face, Kazuha slashed his sword at you once more but this time since you were unprepared, you were hit back. Digging your sword in the dirt, you tried to hold yourself back. Countering what Kazuha had done, you pointed your sword to the sky as multiple purple colored spears rippled into existence while clouds moved together creating a purple sky.

“Fly through the sky my spears,” you pointed your sword towards Kazuha as the spears started flying towards him.

Immediately, he jumped as soon as the spear was about to hit his chest. He had made a flawless dodge away from your auto-aiming spears. As he landed, you instantly ran towards him, sword pointed to his neck which he had met with the blade of his own sword. The clang rang though your body as you steadied yourself from the hit of metal against metal.

“Good dodge,” you laughed as you took your sword and swung it around before finally sheathing it.

“You’ve gotten so much better,” Kazuha complimented you. “You looked amazing when fighting.”

Ears flushing for the unexpected compliment, you pulled your hair to cover your heated up ears, “Well, it's all thanks to having a great teacher. And, same to you, all of your attacks were gracefully done.”

Kazuha looked towards the ground as his foot played around with the dirt. The two of you looked away from each other in embarrassment not knowing what else to say since you both weren’t accustomed to compliments. Kazuha looked up at you before looking back to the ground, his cheeks dusted with light pink.

“Should we get going?” You broke the awkward silence. “We’re almost to Mondstadt.”

“Sure,” Kazuha agreed with you as there was an unspoken agreement to not speak of what happened again.

~~~~~

“Mondstadt, the city of freedom,” Kazuha murmured, his thoughts going back to how much of a difference it was compared to Inazuma.

“Let’s go look around,” you took Kazuha’s hand as you pulled him along in hopes of distracting him from his thoughts.

The two of you walked across the bridge and towards the large towering gate in front of the city. Dandelions scattered around the walls and guards walking about, the two of you were greeted by two knights.

“Welcome to Mondstadt, the city of dandelions and freedom,” they spoke in unison. “Please enjoy the city travelers.”

“Thank you,” you replied as you pulled Kazuha with you again to look at the different shops in the city.

Voices littered the street as Kazuha calmly looked around. Amazed with the change in the city since you had last been in Mondstadt, you couldn’t help but want to explore more. Once again pulling your companion along, you stopped in front of an interesting outdoor restaurant.

“Let’s eat something Kazuha,” you looked at him with pleading eyes in hopes that he agrees with you to buy something for lunch even though you had cooked not too long ago before reaching the city.

“Ok,” Kazuha laughed at your childlikeness.

“Welcome to Good Hunter. I’m Sara. What would you like to order?” the lady standing there said.

“We’d like the special here,” you responded as you paid her after she told you the price of the meal.

Sitting down on one of the tables in front of the restaurant, you and Kazuha waited for the food to come. Placing your elbows on the table and chin over your hand, you looked around the city, enjoying the new scenery.

“Where do you want to go after this?” Kazuha asked you. “You look really excited. We can just walk around for the rest of the day before actually looking for the archon that the adeptus had told us about.”

Quickly realizing how childlike you had acted, you coughed and sat straight on the chair, your eyes darkening and losing a bit of the sparkle of excitement that it had earlier.

“Sorry,” you looked down. “I got too excited. I haven’t been to a city in forever and I lost myself in the excitement of finally visiting one after so long.”

Kazuha laughed, “Don’t feel sorry. Let’s explore for the day since I also want to see the city. And anyways, I like seeing this new side of you so don’t hold back.”

Eyes lighting up while you could feel your cheeks also heating from Kazuha’s words you grinned, “Mhm!”

Soon enough, the food had come and both you and Kazuha walked around the city visiting shop to shop until the two of you had seen everything the city had to offer inside the walls. Seeing new things and spending time with Kazuha, you had enjoyed the day to the fullest.