Bit of teamwork

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I watched Filly look down at his hands as he held the birth certificate. When I handed it to him, he seemed to be happy with having a birth certificate. But now I could tell something was different by just looking at his body language. "You know people have a theory" Fievel said to me. I couldn't hear any certain emotion in the tone of his voice. "If you forgive someone, they can't hurt you anymore. But I don't trust that in the slightest". He looked up to meet my eyes and he stepped closer to me. "Because I'm sure you'll hurt me in a heartbeat. But I don't know if it's going to be physically or mentally" he said to me, "I'm not going to hurt you" I told him sincerely and put my hands up in surrender. His eyes told me he didn't believe me.

(Filly's P.O.V.)
Without skipping a beat I put my hands up and ripped the birth certificate into two pieces. Immediately his demeanor changed as he charged at me in anger. Within a second he had me pinned against the wall behind me. "See. There is always pain" I told him. His eyes quickly softened and showed apology. His hands let go of the collar of my dress shirt and took a step back. "Fievel-" he started but I cut him off "don't waste your breath on me" I said shaking my head and turning around. As I walked through the halls and down the stairs Tommy continued to follow me while calling out to me. "Fievel. Just-" he kept on calling after me. I have never heard him so desperate. I arrived outside and had enough. I abruptly turned around and faced "can't you accept the fact that I'm not yours" I yelled at him, "there is no Fievel Shelby anymore". I looked back at him and realized he wasn't looking at me. I scoffed and shook my head in disbelief "you don't even listen to me". "Shh" he said placing his finger against his mouth before walking past me so he could look into the midnight air. "What are-" before I could finish my question he once again told me to be quiet. My veins ran cold with nerves as I too began to look at the dark. Both of us tried to locate something but with success. My heart raced as I carefully tiptoed around the driveway next to Tommy. I saw his hand move to his Webley revolver. I took one more step forward and the pebbles crunched underneath my feet. Then my eardrums ringed when a gun was fired off. Originally I thought Tom had fired his Wembley off. But I was wrong cause a bullet hit the ground just in front of us. "Move!" Tom yelled and grabbed my collar before dragging me, like a scolding parent would do to their toddlers, behind one of his cars, a grey Bentley 6,5 litres Vanden plas 4. Bullets continued to fly in our direction and hitting the beloved car that was shielding us. "Who are they?" I yelled over the gun fire, "and what the hell do they want?". He ignored me. "What do they want from you?" I questioned as I watched him pull the car door open and search for something. He once again fully ignored my questions as he continued to look for something. "fuck" he cursed before crawling back out and slamming the car door. "What were you looking for?" I asked him, "thought my rifle was in this car. But I was wrong" He said shaking his head. "So, in which one is it" I asked, flinching every time another bullet hit the metal of the car. He nodded to the red Vauxhall 20-60 type R. standing the furthest away from us. "give me cover" I told him. I could tell he wanted to protest but I didn't give him a chance before running to the next place I could use for cover. I must say, that even though we are still not on the right terms, we do work as a team in this circumstance. Every time I started to run to the next car or something that could provide me cover. Tommy had shot his gun off for cover. I arrived at the blue Ford and my back smacked against the doorframe just before I got head shotted. I let out a raspy breath and made myself calm down. I let out a breath and then turned to open the car door. I flinched when a bullet went through the car window, shattering it to bits. Pieces of glass fell onto my back and around me. Thankfully I had found the rifle. I checked how many bullets it had and I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw that the chamber was full. I loaded the rifle and pulled the safety off. I stood up and laid the rifle on the hood of the car and fired a couple of bullets off. I soon noticed that there are too many of them and I had to retreat. I ran back while Tommy gave me cover. Just as I was about to get cover from fire. I felt an immense pain shoot through my right upper arm. I quickly threw myself behind the Bentley and grabbed my arm.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I saw blood trickling down Filly's finger as he groaned in pain. I quickly grabbed the handkerchief from my pocket and tied it around his arm. "You suck at providing cover" he told me with a painful smirk. "Or you are just a slow runner" I replied. He chuckled before he turned around facing the car so he could help shoot the bastards. We looked at each other and I nodded. We both stood up to basically empty our guns. But we didn't even get the chance cause the rival gang had arrived in front of us and aimed all their weapons at us.

Published: 12th of January