i'm sorry

*requested* (last goodbyes, parting ways for the last time) fuck i just realized i didn't really do that- sorry to the person who requested this i suck

warnings: angst
words: 502

You walked into the room, your heart ripping apart at what you were about to do. The sight of your comfort character sitting on the couch before you, happy as ever, simply made it worse, but this was the only way. It was what was best for everyone.

"Hey, y/n." Your comfort character looked to you with a smile as you sat down next to them.

"Hi." You could barely bring your voice above a whisper. You cleared your throat and grabbed their hands in your own as tears began to prick at your eyes. "We need to talk."

Their eyebrows knitted together and their hands tightened around yours. "Are you okay, love?"

You looked away from them and took in a deep breath. The answer was no, you were not at all okay, but you bit your lip and tried your best to keep the tears in as you met their gaze again. "How do I say this?" You sighed, looking up at the ceiling for a moment. "I think- I think we need to go our separate ways, c/c/n."

All of the emotional walls you'd tried to build up before this began to crumble beneath you. God you hated yourself for this, but you couldn't do it anymore. You loved them. You always would, which is why it hurt so goddamn much to make the right choice.

"Y/n," they pleaded. Tears began to well in their eyes as they shook their head. "No. You can't- you can't be serious, baby."

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." You couldn't help the tears that escaped and trailed down your cheeks. It killed every part of your soul to see how much pain you were causing the love of your life. "I just can't do it anymore." Your voice cracked as you spoke. "We both know this isn't good for either of us. I'm sorry."

They shook their head again with a sniffle and you pulled your fingers from between theirs. God did you despise yourself, maybe even more than you despised what drove you two apart.

As you began to stand back up, they grabbed your wrist. "Please don't do this."

You pressed your lips together, the endless tears still flowing as you lifted your free hand to cup their cheek. Wiping a tear from below their eye, you whispered "I don't want to, but I have to."

They broke down at those words, you following suit as you pulled their head against your chest. Sobs escaped your mouths and you rested your chin on top of their head.

You held them close because you knew this was the last time you would be able to, you squeezed your eyes shut took in their scent because you knew this was the last time you would be able to, and you rubbed your thumbs on their wet cheeks, flush against your chest, because you knew this was the last time you would be able to.

Heartbreak was a bitch.

a/n: vote and send me requests or the balloon gets it 🎈 📌

the idea here was that you're still in love with your comfort character but something drove you apart, like if your comfort character is peter parker then maybe he was neglecting your relationship for his spider-man duties, or if it's draco malfoy then maybe his parents didn't approve of you and it drove a rift in your relationship. WAS THAT CLEAR? IDK AND I'M SORRY BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE THIS IS SHIT UM

also hey lol sorry for my break, it was a lot longer than usual mainly because i could not write for the life of me and i was super consumed with school. ALSO, i swear i'm working on "bet" part two and i didn't wanna publish another part before it, but i honestly don't know how long it'll be before it's done bc it's being DIFFICULT and i had requests to fill. so yeah.

well, i guess that's it, ily and please don't hate me for my inconsistency <3

-emily