dancing in the rain

the gentle rain soaked your clothes and hair as you ran, soft grass cushioning your feet.

"i got you!" your comfort character exclaimed, grabbing you from behind and lifting you off the ground.

between your laughing and the running you had just done it was hard to catch your breath.

"alright, you win" you gave in and turned to look your comfort character in the eye when they placed you down, admiring your beauty.

you stood together in the downpour for a moment just taking in the other's presence. it didn't matter that water was dripping off your face, life couldn't be better.

slowly, your comfort character raised a hand to brush a strand of hair from your cheek, a smile painted on their oh so handsome face.

"shall we?" they asked, reaching that same hand out for you to grab.

without a word you did as they were indicating for you to do. with their other hand, they moved your free one to rest on their shoulder and grabbed your waist, swaying into a waltz.

you bathed in the light of the moon, joking with each other and dancing. the rain didn't stop, though it did soften. some time passed, you didn't know how long it had been, the both of you had been so absorbed with the other that time had seemed a completely irrelevant factor. but finally, you slowed your dance until eventually the two of you stood completely still, staring into each other's eyes, your arms wrapped around their neck, their arms wrapped around your waist.

"you look absolutely stunning, my dear." they whispered, closing their eyes and resting their forehead on your own.

"as do you." you replied, shutting your eyes as well.

A/N: yay i posted again! this was probably my shortest one yet though but at least i'm kinda getting over my writer's block? i was listening to a shifting motivation subliminal and it inspired me, so here it is! also this hasn't been edited and i forgot to use caps but i'm too lazy to fix it. anyways, thanks for reading :)