"things just aren't the same anymore"

606 words
y/c/c/n = your comfort character's name
——————————————————————————

"For fuck's sake, y/c/c/n can you just listen to me for a second?" You explode, dragging your hand down your face.

"Can I listen to you? Y/N do you hear yourself? I can never even get a word in, you're so difficult!" The rain drenched your comfort character's hair and dripped down their face, the moon illuminating their perfect features.

"Oh, so I'm the difficult one here? All I asked was for you to just give me some damn attention, you never make time for me anymore, it's like I don't even exist!" Had it not been for the cool water pouring down onto you, your face would've been hot with anger.

"Do you not realize that I have a life outside of you? I have other things to do, you can't just expect me to be by your side twenty-four seven! You're so fucking needy, Y/N!"

"Well, shit. Sorry for being such a burden, y/c/c/n!" You yelled. "I never asked you to spend every waking moment with me, it would just be nice if you took me on a date now and again like you used to!"

"Yeah? Well you're not the way you used to be either. You don't even tell me good morning anymore! You've changed, we've started to grow apart! Things just aren't the same anymore." Your comfort character's face dropped as soon as the last sentence escaped their mouth.

"Y/N- I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" They reached out to place their hand on you but you backed away before they could and cut them off.

"Don't say you didn't mean it, y/c/c/n. You know exactly how deep those words cut." They were the same words your comfort character had said a year prior when they left you. Of course the two of you had made up since then, but the words 'things just aren't the same anymore' held such a deep meaning now.

"You know what, I think it would be best if we took a break from each other." Pain dripped from every word, every word which you didn't mean, but you didn't know what else to say. Maybe saying nothing at all would've been better.

"No, Y/N, please. I'm sorry-" They pleaded, grabbing ahold of your wrist as you attempted to turn away from them so they didn't see the tears blurring your vision.

"Let go of me, y/c/c/n. It's over." Your voice broke.

Without a word they released you from their grasp. You began to walk away, quietly sobbing, and your back turned to them.

But before you could get more than a few steps away your comfort character spoke up again.

"Please don't leave me, y/n, I love you."

You stopped dead in your tracks.

"What did you just say?" You asked.

They paused for a moment.

"I said I love you."

"I love you too." You whispered, finally turning around to meet their gaze.

The rain had stopped and you could see that your comfort character had been crying too.

They closed the distance between you and pulled you into a gentle kiss, pulling away after a moment.

"I'm sorry for not spending enough time with you." They locked eyes with you.

"And I'm sorry for being too needy." You giggled and hung your arms around their neck.

The two of you stayed out there for the rest of the night, talking through things in a healthy way rather than fighting. You didn't want to lose them and they didn't want to lose you, that much was clear.

A/N: i decided to write this one because relationships aren't always sunshine and rainbows, even with your comfort character. also i'm kind of in the mood to write some really depressing shit so would y'all be okay with the next chapter being sad? as always this has barely been edited and thank you for reading!