| chapter twenty two. |

Start from the beginning

Weird. But he can't jump to conclusions quickly.

○ ♚ ○

"Breaking news. A car accident killed the head of the Yanagi family and his wife on the spot at 17.00. They―"

He stood up in shock, eyes wide, and chin drooping. Konoha couldn't believe it. He tried changing the channel, but almost all of the news was showing the same thing, and Konoha didn't know what to do.

He quickly took out his flip phone. Typing a message to the former captain.

Little Squid
I heard the news.
I'm sorry for your loss.

The day flew by more quickly than usual. Yanagi skipped for two days after the accident. While Konoha spent the entire day studying. He didn't want to embarrass himself at the start of his high school and the finals, even though he had accepted Fukuronadi Academy's recommendation.

His message from two days ago had not been read. He wasn't expecting an answer; all he wanted to know was how he was doing. Aren't they friends?

"Achoo!!" Konoha sneezed, luckily he swiftly covered his mouth. "Please don't be sick. Final exams are coming up!!" He drew a tissue from his backpack pocket with haste. Clean his nose thoroughly and dispose of it in the nearest garbage can.

His gaze was drawn unintentionally to the cafe's glass reflection in front of him. He could see a large and burly man dressed in a long black coat and hat from the corner of his vision.

Konoha's heart was pounding furiously. Not again. He had the distinct impression that someone was following him for the entire three days. He initially mistook it for his new neighbor. When he tried to slow down, the figure followed him as well. And it was only yesterday that he realized he was being followed by someone.

But why? Konoha doesn't know. He looks normal, almost plain. He's not tall enough. And he also comes from an ordinary family. Nothing is interesting. So, why is he being followed?

Konoha was starting to get agitated. His hands were fidgeting with his red scarf as he tried to calm down. He tries to get into the convenience store, buy the items he wants, and see if anything can assist him. A can of soda and some eggs, for example. He hoped that it will be beneficial.

As he expected, the man followed him. If his prejudices were wrong, then the man should have gone from now.

Konoha is getting restless. Gripping the plastic bag tightly. He hastened his way. Chose to use a long and twisted path to outwit him.

But even though he was moving fast, that person was still able to follow him. Konoha's hands instinctively reached for his cell phone and dialed a number. Feeling more and more restless at the ringing sound.

"Yes?"

"Naoto!!" he whispered in relief.

"Akinori?"

"Naoto, please help me," Konoha's voice sounds so weak and shaking. "I'm scared."

"What happened?" there is a noise from the phone but Konoha continues.