Chapter 8

Anna Hall

I was sad at myself and the world. I shouldn't have hurt Adam's feelings like that but I had no choice. My dad isn't a person who is supportive of this issue. I think you know that. I shouted at Rita since I was annoyed at what I did. I shouldn't have done that. I apologized to her on the plane. She smiled saying it was ok. I was relieved a bit but Adam was still in my mind. He was looking at some files so I didn't want to disturb him. I took a quick nap to pass away the time.

Announcement- Welcome to Las Vegas. The city of fun and trouble. Enjoy your visit. Do stay out of trouble!

"Nice announcement. Huh?" Ben and Rita teased.

"Yeah," I said laughing.

"Finally, you're laughing," Rita said happily.

"I am," I said smiling.

***********

We reached the hotel and Rita and Ben checked in, got the keys, and gave us our keys. It was connecting rooms which was good. I guess.

"Ok, let's freshen up and meet at 2 in the lobby for lunch. Sounds good?" Rita asked.

"Yes, boss" I teased.

"Hehe," she said sarcastically. 

"Adam?" I called him before he went to his room.

"Yeah, Anna? What is it?" he asked me.

"I'm sorry," I said with my head down.

"For what?" he asked me.

"For hurting your feelings last night. I hope you understand that we..." I was saying when he completed my sentence.

"... can't be together. I know. I understand that and I was gonna apologize for kissing you last night." he said making me get shocked.

"Ohh. I didn't know," he said. 

"Yeah, it's fine. Go freshen up. We'll meet later." he said patting my shoulder.

"Ok, Addy," I said teasingly.

"Ok, Annie," he said.

So we're back to normal. FINALLY!! As I closed the door of my room, I ran and fell on the bed. I was so tired. I hadn't slept all night. This time I slept peacefully. Although that thought of my love for Adam remained in my mind.

**************

I woke up and saw the time was 1:50. I forgot to put an alarm. I got out of bed, washed my face, rinsed my mouth, and put on a pink floral dress. It felt more comfortable than jeans for this hot weather.

Anna's outfit-

I went down to see everyone waiting for me

"Sorry, I'm a bit late," I apologized.

"It's ok. We all came down just a few seconds ago." Rita said.