Vol.2 Chapter 36

草物語

Chapter 55: Uninvited guest

After Towa landed, another conference was scheduled as requested by the elves with inclusion of new evidence. The elves who were previously vacant from the conference has finally entered the conference halls

The devil sat in the waiting room with two swollen bumps on her head.she had her gaze on me for sometime now.

"So, you must be the Reaper's kid." said Towa

"Yes...She's my guardian..."I was wondering if she needed something from me. Turns out she was just curious about my identity.

"What's your name sonny?"

"The name's Edge"

"...That's your full name?"

"..." My face became red just from thinking of my full name.

"Are you by chance embarrassed to recite your full name?" Towa deduced.

"..."I nodded my head.

Towa stood up from her chair and walked towards me, she grabbed both my shoulders gently and spoke. "It's your name, it's something to be proud of no matter how it sounds. The people who gave it to you gave your name a meaning and from that onwards you carry their hopes and dreams with you. It's a responsibility to carry it and be able to tell everyone your name with your head up high. So don't be shy, instead, carry it with honor."

"My name is... Edgelord.., Edgelord 360noscope..." I spoke it shyly expecting her to laugh at it.

"Well Isn't that a great name?" said Towa.

I had eyes of admiration towards her for not laughing at it, she must be an angel.

A knock was heard and the door opened. It was A-Chan."I'm sure my liege had enough rest now, we shall begin the conference in five. You may get seated now."

Towa said, "Let's go then, Calli must've been waiting for you." We opened the door and found Calli tapping her feet outside impatiently.

"I held the end of my bargain, the elves will get a seat in front of the conference and you held yours. " Said Towa.

"Whatever, let's just get this done with."Calli seemed impatient.

We all entered the conference hall and found our seat in the conference. Miko saw us and waved at us excitedly from her seat. Then we have Kanata, King Pufflegum, Moona, Flare and there's an empty seat in the middle.

We sat down on the side. Of the conference hall, seemingly as the audience of the conference.

Towa whispered towards Calli, "Doesn't this remind you of the council?"

Calli had a look of indifference,"Yea whatever."

"THE COUN-MMH?" I almost yelled but Calli held her hand over my mouth.

"It's been 100 years since I last heard of them. I never liked them anyway", Said Calli

"But Edge clearly wants to learn more about them, so why don't you tell him more about it? " Towa winked at me.

'You're an angel!!!' I thought.

"Fine..., in the beginning nobody knows where they came from-" However Calli's words were interrupted by the opening of the door in the middle.

Two demon servants laid out a red carpet towards the seat in the middle of the conference. Then a short statured demon with huge purple horns walked out of the door making a grand entrance, a gray bird rested on her head and she had a smug expression as she waltzed into the conference room.Shion then followed behind her feeling embarrassed by her company.