Vol.2 Chapter 25

草物語

Chapter 44: Gameplan

After given time to plan it all out, we stood according to our lineup. Me and Noel at the front, Luna in the middle, Botan and Flare in the rear.

We walked past Calli who is sipping tea calmly. We didn't exchange words, only our glances.

'I'll prove it to you Calli.' [Edge]

with determination, I spoke.

'We're ready." [Edge]

The King of Elves and Flare looked at each other without a word. Flare's eyes are filled with hesitation from being pulled into such a situation.

'I'm sorry Flare, It's either him or us' [Edge]

"VERY WELL!"[Shanz]

Boss music rang across the throne room once again. The music marks the beginning of the battle.

"HERE I COME!" [Edge]

In an instant, 6 skeletal hands raised from the ground beneath me held my feets to make sure that I'm immobilized,

"!" [Edge]

Instead of looking behind me, I calmed down and try to remove the shackles on me

'So this is what below us, now where will the next threat come from?' [Edge]

In a split second, all 3 of the hydras fired their breath at us next from all directions making it undodgeable from the spot. The hot flaming flames traverse across the air with searing heat.

"LUNA!" [Edge]

"I got this!" [Luna]

{Kizaf}

Luna floated in the air after removing the shackles, She then conjured a series of hexagonal barriers to shield us from the hydra's assault from the sides. However, some of the heat still permeates the barrier and bake us with sweat.

At the same time, Botan's ears twitched and sensed movement from above us.

"ABOVE US!" [Botan]

Botan used her ability and conjured a bomb to throw into the ceiling. A bright flash was created and followed by a huge explosion. The flash revealed a number of massive undead spiked snakes pouncing at us from the cavern above at an imminent pace. Looks like the explosion did nothing but making them even more agitated. Spiked snakes with huge spikes protruding from their backs pounced towards us from the ceiling.

"We need something that packs even more power!"[Noel]

Immediately I pulled out my sword and it transformed into a magnificent green axe. My sword is a training sword and I didn't know how good of a training sword it is until I picked it back up from the mountain. Later I discovered that it might have contained Calli's whole arsenal of abilities such as mana vision, shadow walk and telekinesis. So I was affirmed that the sword is none other than Calli's. And just from wielding it makes me a miniature Calliope Mori with all her abilities. But I still haven't figured out the extent of abilities Calli have. Therefore, I only use those I have observed her using before so far. But the time I spent with Shion allowed me to safely experiment with new abilities and one of them is what I'm about to use that excites yet frightens me at the same time.

I jumped up, swinging the Green axe with all my might facing the jaws of the snakes alone. I look back downwards to see all of them have removed their shackles and still in formation. Without a doubt, I started pumping mana into the axe and it starts to gather light as it starts glowing in a frightening green sheen.

"Split the horizon! AXE!-CALLIBUR!!!" [Edge]

The axe became heavier after I infused most of my mana into it, I swung it with great effort and tore some of my muscle on my right. Then the bright green light emitting from the axe turned into a sinister green beam that enveloped the ceiling above us while making the roaring sounds of a falling star.

The blinding green light fades, the dust slowly settles, and light shimmered into the cave from the ceiling. I blew away a hole in the ceiling together with the snakes in a single swing. Meanwhile, my back was planted in the ground creating a small crater from the blowback.

"You alright kid?" [Botan]

Botan's skirt hovered over me as she gave me a hand to get up.

'Black? Surprisingly stylish.' [Edge]

I took her hand and stood up immediately. The hydra stops firing at us and Luna undid her spell. I immediately gave the instructions.

"THE HYDRA TAKES 3 MINUTES TO RECHARGE! ME, BOTAN, AND LUNA WILL TAKE CARE OF 2 HYDRAS! NOEL AND FLARE FACE THE LAST HYDRA AND THE KING! NOW GO! " [EDGE]

I ran up to the hydra on the left and Botan went towards the one on the right. Meanwhile, Luna supported both of us from the middle. Noel will wrestle with the last hydra while Flare finishes off the King.

Noel runs towards the biggest hydra and evaded all its fangs in quick succession.

*BOOM*

After evading the hydra in mid-air while spinning, she then cocked her fist back in the middle of the spin to increase the momentum of her attack, Noel punched one of its heads into the ground so hard it was stuck in it. She then ran along the neck of that hydra, which has its head grounded, while facing a barrage of attacks that barely even scratched her thanks to her ability.

She slides down the back of the bony hydra and landed behind it. Immediately the hydra tries to turn around but it was too late. Noel hugged both of the tails of the hydra in her arms and started lifting the hydra in the air as it's made of feathers.

*Growls*

The hydra tries to struggle but Noel had already put on a tight grip on the base of its tail. She then spun the hydra in full force and aimed at the newly made hole in the ceiling. She gained enough momentum from the spin, planted her foot on the ground, and immediately let go of the hydra.

*KIAAAAAH*

Along with the flustered wailing of the poor hydra, it was yeeted out of the hole and into the distance.

"..."

"That... wasn't part of the plan..." [Luna]

We were supposed to just stall for time or to divert the attention, but Noel straight away removed one of the threats already...

"WHAT'S NEXT?" [Noel]

Noel made a confident roar that reverberated throughout the room. Meanwhile, I'm acting to look like I'm struggling with my hydra with the support of Luna.

"SUPPORT FLARE!!" [Edge]