" Aisa nhi hai beta ji" Her mother spoke.
" Chodiye Mummy mood kharab nhi karte, Shalini jaa na cake lekar aa let's celebrate jiske liye sab yahan aaye hai" Sidharth spoke making Shehnaaz look at him.
Doesn't he knew she hates cake. Not his fault they have never discussed their likes dislikes, but still she knew his likes and dislikes by her heart why doesn't he?
Because he still doesn't love you, her brain replied and her hold on his hand loosened which he was quick to notice again.

" Kya hua " He whispered.
" Kuch nhi " She mumbled back plasting a smile again, hiding her tears behind her back, the thing she is master in.

" Shalini Di chaliye I will help you" She spoke standing up.

" Chup chap baith na be" Both Sidharth and Shalini spoke at the same moment.

" Best Friends for a reason " She muttered under her breathe and nodded.

" Suna maine" Sidharth spoke.
" Sunane ke liye hi bola maine" She retorted.

" Sana pati se aise baat nhi karte bacha" Her mother interrupted again.
" Maa it's alright, koi dikkat nhi hai" He replied when he saw her going silent all of a sudden.

" Sweetheart chal Uski madad karke aate hai, Mumma Papa aate hai hum" He spoke and held her hand standing up.
" Maine pehle bhi toh yahi bola tha na, tab toh 'chup chap baith na be' aaya tha aapka" She scoffed but her tone was much lower than her usual self, for just him to listen.

" Sidharth kya, aise kisike room main bina puche enter nhi karte" She legit shouted and he has to place a palm on her mouth to shut her, he locked the door and switched on the lights.

" Shshsh chup, sab ko nhi bulana hai" He spoke and removed her hand once he was sure she would not shout.
" Kya hai aapko" She spoke.
" Tumhe kya hua hai, Aise shaant kyun ho gayi thi bahar" He asked directly.
" Aapko nhi pta" It was more of a taunt than a normal statement.

"Kab tak nhi milegi Shehnaaz, Hai toh maa baap hi na tere" He spoke.
" Maine aapko airport se nikalte hi bola tha nhi milna mujhe, kyun kiya phir " She spoke tears brimming again.

" Tu hi toh kehti hai forgive and move forward, phir inke saath kyun nhi meri jaan" He asked.
" You heard yourself right how do they talk with me, phir bhi puch rahe ho, I was always a burden than a daughter to them Sidharth" She spoke.

" Shehnaaz they care for you baba, subah call kiya tha when you were sleeping, milna chahte the, I knew tum ghar nhi jaogi toh yahan bula liya, haq hai na unka baba, And Shalini wanted to spend this day with us, sabki khushi main khush reh na sweetheart "

" You don't know anything Sidharth, jaante kya hai aap mere baare main, main khush hi hoon, kabhi try kiya hai jaan ne ka, it has always been you sirf aap, aapka kaam, aapki life, aapke hangovers, aapke life ke dukh, mera kya haan, aaj tak ek baar try kiya hai what do I want" She spatted and he was unable to decipher from where this was coming.

" Shehnaaz we are starting a new life baba, aise purani baate pakad kar nhi baith sakte, maa baap hai na, what if our child behaves this way with us, le paogi" He spoke actually trying to make her understand but her next words just made him numb.

" A new life you probably didn't wanted Sidharth, fucking 7 years and you are still struck there, this new life you bought abortion papers for, the same new life jo aapko apne sapne pure nhi karne de raha, and don't you worry Dr. Sidharth Singhal, mera bacha kuch bhi hoga but aisa nhi hoga because you know what, uske parents mere parents ki tarah nhi honge, inspite of everything he would be loved, unwanted feel nhi hoga usko, he won't be taken as a burden alright, nhi jaante toh mat bolna and stop I beg you alright stop comparing us to them and our child to me, main nhi chahti what I went through mera bacha usse jaaye"