"What ?"

"Nothing." Gehna chirped taking the aarti.

"Now if you are done it's my turn to be blessed."
The voice made Maheen's back stiff.

Gehna took the plate from Maheen's and nodded at her encouragingly.

"Go." She whispered.

Maheen turned around to see Abeer standing in a black kurta, looking as handsome as ever, smiling at his sister.

"Bhaijaan." Maheen croaked as she took big steps towards her brother and threw herself on him.

Abeer stumbled a little but steadied himself as he held on to his sister in months. A sister who had parted from him with a broken heart.

"How are you my Princess ?" Abeer said stroking her hair.

"I've missed you." Maheen croaked her voice cracking as she buried herself in her brother's chest.

"We all miss you." He kissed her forehead lovingly. He pulled her away from himself reluctantly and looked at her.

"Hmm must say the Suryavanshi's are feeding you well." He said mockingly.

"Are you calling me fat ?" Maheen said wiping her tears.

"Did I call her fat ?" He asked turning towards Gehna who shook her head smiling.

"How is baba ? And maa and -."

"Everyone is doing great. I have been told that you are coming home soon, meet everyone and ask them how they are doing yourself. I've travelled from far to see you and you-."

"Lies." Maheen said raising her eyebrow. " I know you've come here for Gehna."

"What ? No I -."

"It's okay bhaijaan. I know."

"Know what ?" Abeer asked.

"Gehna is going back today, with you." Maheen replied confused.

"Oh."

"Is there anything else that I should have known that-."

"Abeer!" Gehna interrupted. "Aarti." She said pushing the thali in front of him.

Abeer looked at Gehna for a second longer than he should have and then turned his attention to the aarti.

Gehna walked away, back to the priest to return the thali now that everyone has taken the blessings.

"Bhai Jaan, what is going on ? You look so."

"Nothing Mahi nothing. Where is Aditya and your mother in law I -."
Abeer stopped mid sentence as his eyes fell on the man standing behind.

Dev looked at Abeer and then down at his feet. He couldn't look him in the eye.

"What, is he doing here ?" Abeer said grinding his teeth.

"Not here bhaijaan please. This is my house and Aditya isn't home." Maheen said tugging on Abeer's sleeve

"I'm not going to spare this basta-."

"Abeer." Gehna said placing her hand on his arm as well. "No please."

"Please bhaijaan." Maheen begged, her eyes wet with tears. "Mohini doesn't know please."

Abeer took in a deep breath and looked at Maheen cupping her cheek.
"Come home soon." He said kissing her forehead.

He turned towards Gehna and said. "It's time to say goodbye to everyone."