15 - If at First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie Again

Comenzar desde el principio

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Kahn." Katherine said, as Noel stood up and let the brunette sit in between him and Eric.

"Good morning, Katherine. And I've told you, call me Olivia." Olivia Kahn said.

"And call me Steven." Steven Kahn said.

"Of course." Katherine said, with a soft smile.

"Morning, Kat." Eric said, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" Samatha Burr asked, glancing at Noel and holding her book, ready to write what they wanted.

"Just coffee for me." Olivia said, smiling at the waitress.

"Me too." Steve said.

"The spiked coffee." Eric said, grinning while Olivia gave him a disapproving look.

"Iced coffee for me and Kat." Noel said, giving Katherine a smile.

"Got it." Samatha said, holding her pen so tight it was moments from snapping.

"Looks like Sammy never got over you." Katherine whispered to Noel, a devilish smile on her face.

"And she still hates you." Noel said, his face mirroring Katherine's.

"How is school going, Katherine?" Olivia asked.

"Good, I'm acing my classes. But me and my English teacher don't exactly get along." Katherine said.

"Why is that?" Steve asked.

"Not sure." Katherine said, looking at Noel. "What about you, Eric? How's college?"

"It's awesome. You'll love UPenn." Eric said.

"Here's your drinks." Samatha said, setting them on the table. "Are you ready to order?"

"Is everyone ready?" Olivia asked the table and they all nodded. "Perfect. I'll have the eggs and bacon, scrambled please."

"I'll have The Big One, scrambled eggs and sausage." Steven said.

"Pancakes with bacon and scrambled eggs." Eric said.

"Same." Noel said.

"French toast with bacon and over-easy eggs." Katherine said.

"Got it, I'll go put that in." Samatha said, looking at Noel again before walking off with the menus.

"Why does she keep looking at you?" Olivia asked Noel.

"They used to go out." Eric said, before Noel got the chance to speak.

"Noel broke her heart." Katherine said, giving a fake look of sympathy before letting out a laugh.

"She was a loser, still is." Noel said, smirking.

"She seemed sweet." Olivia said, confused on why they didn't like the ginger.

"She's the opposite of sweet. She pulled a knife on me and Ali at a party once. Eric and Noel had to calm her down." Katherine said, glaring at the waitress that was across the room, completely oblivious that they were talking about her.

"She what?" Steve asked, choking on his coffee.

"Yeah, it wasn't pretty." Eric said.

Katherine, Noel, and Alison danced in the middle of the room, being the center of attention. It was when Katherine's face was inches from Noel's that Samatha Burr snapped. She rushed out of the kitchen with one of the Kahn's butcher knives and held it up to Katherine. Alison quickly pulled Katherine further back and stood in front of the brunette.