The start of something

Start from the beginning

"Well, I think thank you was a very polite response from you." Agustín tried only receiving a glare from the girl, he cleaned his throat before trying again "Look, you were nervous, it happens to everyone, and if it says anything is that you really like this man because I have never seen you this nervous about anything. So, if this guy likes you as much as you do about him, he will be able to understand that, and if the way he looked at you yesterday says anything about it, is that he does."

"You know, you are not all that bad with these things." Angie smiled at him "Julieta will be luck to have your advices all the time."

"You're not hanging subjects young lady." The man said dramatically ignoring the fact that she was a few months older than him "Now, let's close the store for the day, we both know that I can't keep it in one piece, and if you can't keep your head in place to work we will end up burning this place to the ground." 

The girl took a second remembering all the mess she had already made that day and shivered thinking about how many things she must have misplaced.

"Meh" She shrugged somewhat agreeing with the man.

Bruno had spent a lot of his night rethinking all of his day, for the first time in a long time not out of pure anxiety, but simply to enjoy a bit more the new memories he had just formed. For him, the whole night had been the most perfect day in his whole life, and it was showing during the entirety of the next day.

From the moment he woke up he had a feeling that it would be a good day, he couldn't even know if it was related to his gift or just a whisper from the happiness left from the day before.

And if there was one thing that the madrigal woman learned that day, it was that Bruno simply couldn't hide when he was happy. During the entire breakfast they would exchange knowing looks about Bruno's bright smile, they all had seen him dancing with Angie the night before, so there were no doubts about how much of  a success his date had been.

Even the couple of prophecies he had to deliver that day didn't seem all that bad, though it could be because he was so excited about seeing Angie after his chores that he didn't even focus enough to care about the visions he offered.

As soon as he was free from his duties he passed by a flower shop to get something to give Angie - It just felt like the right altitude to show after their first date.

So when he reached the book store door he had in hands a full bouquet of goldenrod and white jasmines - For good luck and sweet love, respectively, he had asked the nice lady by the counter the flower meanings s he wouldn't get anything that could seem bad, knowing Angie and her knowledge for weird facts he wouldn't be surprised if she knew flower meanings by hart.

What seemed peculiar to him, was how the windows and door of the store were closed, it was not n usual sight.  But he thought that she could be showing something with the magic lantern she had, this kind of projectors seemed to work better in the dark

He tried the door and a click was heard as it opened.

"We are closed for the day." He followed Angie's voice, the woman was laying on the counter as she read something, the only light in the place coming from a table lamp besides her, she had her nose basically shoved in a book.

Bruno gulped, this was not the reception he was waiting for.

"Uhm, even for me?" He asked and the girl jumped at the sound of his voice.

The sudden move on her part only resulted in her falling from the counter, at least this time it wasn't face first. Bruno caught her mumbling something around the lines of Please kill me now while I can pretend I have some dignity left, before getting up from the ground.