"And why do you want me? How'd you even know who I am?"

"I know Jasper Whitlock."

*******

I looked out the window of the car, as the taxi drove me into a secluded, very wooded area. I thought about that phone call. This person knew Jasper. Maybe it's the person who abducted him. Anger seized through me at the mere thought. I was willingly meeting with an abductor, one who took my best friend and probably killed him. I was looking for him for decades, trying to find my friend but then I just gave up.

I miss you so much, Jas.

The taxi pulled up to a modern looking house, one with lots of windows and a beautiful structure. A few cars parked outside. It's surrounded by woods.
A blonde came to the door as I approached the house. He opened it for me, and allowed me inside.

"Allow me to take your bags."

"You're Carlisle, the one I spoke to on the phone."

"Yes. You must be Hope."

"Well yes, otherwise I doubt I'd be here. You going to abduct me like you did Jas?"

"Abduct?" He asks confused. He's not much taller than me, with honey blonde hair. It reminded me of Jasper's. He had gold, amber eyes. So his diet's vegetarian. And from the ring on his left hand, he's married.

"So you didn't abduct Jasper?"

"No. Come with me please." His hand softly places on my back as he directs me upstairs. We go up three flights, until reaching a living room.

"Hope's here." Carlisle announces. A short pixie haired girl excitedly jumps over to me and gives me a hug.

"Sorry, I'm Alice."

"Nice to meet you, you know I'm Hope."

"You have a lovely accent." She compliments. It's French, because I grew up there.

"Thank you."

"Hope, this is my wife Esme." Carlisle introduces a woman with dark brown hair about shoulder length. She gives me a warm smile.
My eyes land on a man in the room. All the other voices had drowned out. All I could focus on was him. He had such a sweet natural scent, it was appealing. Like fresh wood and pine. His eyes widened as we stared at each other. My eyes trail down and stop at the baby in his arms.

She was beautiful. Fair skin with rosy cheeks, shiny chocolate brown eyes and a head full of dark brown hair. She looked a lot like the woman standing next to him. I felt defensive, like she'd hurt him at any moment and that I couldn't trust her.

"Hope." A southern voice pulls me out of my trance, and I shift slightly to see the honey blonde I loved years ago. He was alive. He had those amber eyes. The color contrasted well with his hair, but I miss the brown they used to be.

"You're... you're alive." I breathe. I hadn't expected him to be a vampire. I ran to him and jumped into his arms. My best friend was alive and I felt so happy to have him back.

"I've missed you. I thought you were dead." He whispers.

"Me dead? Jasper you disappeared." Now I started to feel angry. I pulled away from Jasper. "I looked everywhere for you! For over one hundred years Jasper. You didn't once call me? Or even try to look for me?"