xvii.

The visit to the nurse's office was alright, I guess. I didn't like nurses. I had no real reason why I didn't like them, but sometimes, I just don't like things without any reason.

The nurse said she couldn't allow four people in because her office was pretty small. I understood her, so I had to choose one of them to come in with me only. I chose Marigold. Mainly because I trusted her more.

The nurse – apparently her name was May – asked the same question Marigold and Esther did. I told her the exact story I told them. She was surprised by the cut's depth and was glad I came to her immediately, otherwise it would have gotten infected. I gave Marigold a short look and she smirked at me in reply.

I was glad Marigold didn't have a problem with blood or anything. If she had, I would've had to bring Ansel with me, because Esther had a phobia of blood or something. However, I'd rather go alone than come with Ansel.

I don't know why, but I started to not like him. Every action he made or has made me suspicious. I wanted to tell Basil about it, but I didn't know on what terms we were, so I decided that I shouldn't say anything for the rest of the day. I'd talk to him about everything tomorrow, I thought.

The nurse noticed that my sleeve was also stained with blood, so she asked if she could look for any other scratches on my arms. I nodded, not giving her request any importance.

I then felt her stop, and looked at my hand, wondering why. Where Basil held my arm was now a bruise. A big one, too. I quickly told the nurse that I fell on my arm when I tripped, and how I didn't think it would bruise. She nodded.

My right hand and palm were now bandaged completely, and it hurt to move them. I must've been really unlucky because the right was my dominant hand. The nurse insisted I should go home, and that I shouldn't come to school this week at all. I nodded, but I knew I had to come to school. I couldn't stay behind. I will somehow write with my left hand, one way or another. I wondered if my parents would get mad about my hand. They probably will.

After I left the nurse's office with Marigold, I went to my locker and she helped me put my backpack on. Ansel and Esther were nowhere to be seen, so I guessed they were in class. I thanked Marigold for helping me and apologized for making her late for class. She smiled and shrugged, telling me it was no big deal, and how she was glad to take any opportunity to be late to the lesson. We laughed.

Before leaving the school building, I looked in the halls for Basil. I couldn't find him, so I left. Walking away from the school, I threw a glance at the school. There, on the second floor, stood Basil, looking at me from the window. I smiled and waved at him. I was glad he didn't leave the school again. His reaction was delayed like he didn't expect me to notice him. But then he waved back.

He was pretty far away so I couldn't see his expression.