“Oh?” I pouted, waiting to see what else she had to say.

“I think she wants to talk to you, she tried your phone but-”

“-It’s in the dressing room,” I explained, Dahlia nodded, rolling her lips together. “I should talk to her.”

“Maybe,” she nodded.

“Okay, okay,” I said, as if talking to myself. “I’ll be back in a minute,” I kissed Kit briefly before following Dahlia towards the door which led out into the main part of the venue, the pit, where crowds of teenagers would dance around manically.

“They were just over here before I left,” Dahlia held onto my hand and led me through the crowd. Little did anyone know I would be the one performing in just a few minutes time, this girl in the crowds, with nothing seemingly exceptional about her.

“Lana!” Mina saw me and exclaimed, wrapping her arms tight around me, beginning to laugh in my ear. “I can’t believe this is happening! I’m so excited!” She grinned, and I just nodded, shrugging.

“Things have been surreal for a little while now,” I twitched my lips.

“We can’t wait to hear your music, the band’s going to sound great,” Gracie gave me a hug, and I waved to the larger group behind them, of all my other school friends. From the looks of it, most of my form had turned up.

“Well, let’s hope,” I held up my fingers, the index and third crossed one over the other. “We had a bit of a debacle earlier.” I confessed, sighing wearily.

“What happened? Are you alright?” Sacha piped up then, and I could tell that everyone else was waiting to see what would happen next, how I would react.

“I’m fine,” I smiled weakly. “And look, I’m sorry about what happened-”

“-No, I’m sorry,” Sacha interrupted me.

“Seriously, I shouldn’t have called you a fucking Bolshevik,” I grimaced, “I really shouldn’t.”

“Maybe I deserved it,” she smiled, making me giggle. “Come here,” she gave me a hug, pressing her hands comfortingly against my back. “Oh I’ve missed you,” she admitted, which made me even happier, because I’d missed her too.

“Me too,” I grinned, uttering into her ear.

“What happened earlier? Do you want to talk about it?” Sacha pulled away and frowned.

“It was just Patrick being a dick, nothing new there,” I rolled my eyes.

“Yes,” someone behind me let out a low, husky chuckle, “I hear he does that rather a lot.” I turned around to see Patrick standing there, his hands stuffed in his pockets, looking rather shy and apologetic.

“I’ll come find you guys after the show, okay? Don’t leave until you’ve seen me,” I told my friends, before taking Patrick’s arm and leading him over to a quieter part of the room. “You came,” I smiled at him, but he just shrugged.

“I know it’s strange, but I kind of couldn’t bear to miss it, not after all the work we’d put into it,” he confessed. “Even if I’m not going to be in it, I’d like to see the end result.”

“I can understand that,” I nodded, licking my lips.

“Look, I know I was a real idiot earlier, saying all that stuff about wanting to fuck you.”

“Thanks for reminding me,” I said sarcastically, making him chuckle.

“You’re right, I didn’t love you, I don’t love you,” Pat continued.