Chapter Twenty Seven

“You could be more excited about it, Patrick,” I sighed, rummaging through my bag to find my large ring of keys. Kit had given me a set of his, all three you needed to open the front door, in case he ever got locked out, or if I was in London whilst he was out of town, kind of like now. 

   “Sorry, but I had to cancel a date with this really hot girl, I’m not exactly happy about that,” Pat said grumpily, and Jim shoved him in the arm, raising his eyebrows in confusion. 

   “I bet you don’t even know her name, it’s hardly serious,” I rolled my eyes, pulling the keys from my purse and starting to turn the keys in the large, brass locks. 

   “I do know her name!” Patrick exclaimed indignantly, “It’s,” he paused then, and Seb pulled a face at me over his shoulder, “hot checkout girl,” he offered hopefully, “Waitrose, no, Aldi.” 

   “Classy,” I said sarcastically, as I pushed open the door and held it open for the others to enter, before slamming it shut, locking the deadbolt as I’d watched Kit do so many times before. 

   “This place isn’t too shabby,” Jimmy admired, looking around the living room curiously. 

   “It’s only a rental,” I shrugged, “I think he picked some of the furniture but most of it came with the apartment.” 

   “We’re in Christopher Ainsworth’s apartment,” Jim gasped, looking around and touching some of the trinkets, carefully, as if everything was going to break. 

   “What is this thing anyway?” Patrick groaned, sitting down in one of the comfy armchairs, crossing his legs one over the other and closing his eyes, swaying his head from side to side sleepily. 

   “It’s only an incredible opportunity to network with other artists and bands and radio DJs,” I said obviously, widening my eyes and beginning to frown. “It’s not like I’m forcing you to do something really terrible.” 

   “What time does it start?” Seb wondered, putting down his rucksack. 

   “In just over an hour, which means we need to get ready, and leave with time to get there,” I explained, taking off my coat and hanging it up by the door, shaking out my hair, which was damp from the drizzle outside. “Come on,” I ushered them into the adjoining room, where Kit slept. “You can get changed in here.” 

   I went to the walk in wardrobe and Jimmy followed, squeezing my shoulders as I went to the rail he had cleared for me. I flicked through the different garments and stopped at some things that Rumer had bought for me in LA. I grabbed two things and went back to the bedroom, before crossing over to the bathroom door. 

   “Oh, don’t leave on my account, O’Rourke,” Pat said smugly, as he put down his unfolded his clothes from his bag and lay them out on the bed, beginning to unbutton his shirt from the collar down. “Remember, I’ve already seen you naked,” he winked, making me squirm in disgust. 

   “Always so kind,” I said sarcastically. 

   “In any case, I highly doubt these two will be having any wet dreams about you.” 

   “Oh, wow, thanks, Pat, the compliments just get better and better,” I exclaimed and Seb chuckled, sticking his tongue out at me playfully. 

   “I didn’t mean it like that,” he assured me, “it’s just, I mean, young Sebastian might, but Jimmy’s so obviously a closeted homosexual.” 

   “I am not!” Jimmy cried out angrily. 

   “Oh, do you have something against gay people-”