Welcoming arrival

Start from the beginning

"You'll get your timetables in the morning, but remember no one can know about them. Especially yours, Y/N. I shudder to think what Fudge would do if he found out."

The lovers left and walked hand in hand to the Great Hall, sitting in the seats Lavender had saved for them just as the Frog Choir started their performance.

"Potter! Hey Potter!" Malfoy called out from the Slytherin table. Harry turned with a snarl.

"Is it true you fainted? You actually fainted" Malfoy asked chuckling.

"Shut it Malfuck. You can't lie to a Legilimens!" Y/N yelled over the choir, garnering several looks from teachers and students.

Draco looked at him puzzled before he heard Y/N's voice in his head. The problem for Draco was all the other students in the hall did as well.

Malfoy pissed himself on the train. He still reeks of urine.

Draco went bright red. The hall erupted in laughter. A seventh year Hufflepuff leant back near Draco sniffed then covered his nose at the smell. More laughter.

"That was a little mean, Y/N" Hermione whispered to him.

"Meh, prick deserved it" Y/N replied nonchalantly winking at his girlfriend.

The Frog Choir finished and Dumbledore led the hall in a round of applause, giving Y/N a dirty look (to which Y/N chuckled) before he started speaking:

"Welcome! Welcome everyone to another year at Hogwarts. Now, I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor"

Albus extended his arms to Lupin who stood and bowed to a warm round of applause. Y/N quickly saw Snape, who was sat next to Lupin, not clapping.

Everything ok Sev? Y/N asked him.

We will talk later. It's good to see you're ok my boy.

Y/N smiled and nodded to his Godfather as Dumbledore continued.

"I'd also like to announce that Professor Kettleburn has decide to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid."

The hall erupted as Hagrid stood up knocking the table in front of him flying. This caused McGonagall sitting next to him to chuckle and shake her head.

"Finally, on a more disquieting note at the request of the Ministry of Magic Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban until such a time as Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities, a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way."

"Ain't that the truth" Y/N muttered causing Hermione to turn and peck his lips, rubbing his cheek.

"Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times."

He extinguished a candle on the podium as he was speaking by waving his hand passed it.

"If one only remembers to turn on the light."

He waved his hand passed the candle relighting it.

—~—

The students enjoyed the feast before heading to the Common Room. The rest of the boys headed off to their dorm as did most of the girls. Quite quickly only Y/N and Hermione were left in the common room.

"This is gonna be the first night since Azkaban we haven't slept together" Y/N said sadly.

"I know. I'm missing you already baby". Hermione replied in the same tone.

Y/N leant over and kissed her lips, gently at first but more passionately as the kiss went on. He licked her lip and was immediately granted access, exploring her mouth with his tongue.

Hermione lowered herself back to lay on the couch as Y/N explored her mouth, pulling him on top of her and between her legs. She quickly wrapped them around his waist.

She moaned in his ear as they separated breathless and he immediately attacked her neck with his lips. He kissed and sucked on her pale flesh hard, marking her as his. She pulled him tighter, digging her nails into his back, as she moaned in pleasure and he left a large hickey on her neck.

"Babe, babe we have to stop. We can't do it here." Hermione said suddenly, realising where they were.

Y/N lowered his head and chuckled before raising himself off her. "You're right love, sorry, you just bring out the beast in me."

Hermione giggled.

"Maybe we could spend tomorrow night in our special place?"

Y/N's eyes lit up. All he could manage out in his excitement was: "Merlin, yes!"

Hermione giggled again and kissed Y/N's lips, adding:

"I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning for your workout, love."

Y/N smiled and wished her goodnight as she went up to her dorm. He looked down and then decided to wait by the fire for ten minutes before going to bed, to let his excitement subside. He had the feeling it was going to be a long year.