"Nii-san....."

"Yui, close your eyes. Nii-san is gonna run."

"Okie."

She meekly nodded, and she buried her head in my chest. She could probably hear my heart going at over a 100 miles a minute. I could hear it myself.

I slowly turned around from the chaos, and walked deeper into the (L/N) family forest. It was filled with medium high trees, and being the small, frail boy that I was, I darted in between the trees.

Suddenly, there was a blinding flash. I slowed down to a stop, but I tripped on a twig protruding out from the tree trunk. In an instant, I turned around on my back and landed, shielding my sister from the impact. I felt a slight crunch, and I yelped in pain.

"Nii-san!" Yui screamed, as she clambered down from my arms, and shook me awake. "Nii-san!"

"I'm fine," I said uncertainly. My chest hurt. I remembered the sudden crunching sound I had heard when I fell down, realizing I had most likely broken a rib or two.

"Keep moving Yui. Don't stop."

"There's something moving! Back there! Inside the forest! Send forces!"

I jerked up at the sound.

"They're coming," I whispered. I stood up, constantly trying to ignore the searing pain in my chest. "Run, Yui. Run."

"You're coming with me!" she wailed. "I'm not leaving you behind, Nii-san!"

"Who said you're leaving me behind?"

I slowly bent over, and clutched the bracelet Mum had made for me on my 5th birthday. I yanked it off my wrist, and signaled Yui to bring out her left arm.

"See? You'll have to return this to me someday. Keep it with you. Find me, and return it to me."

"N-n-nii-san....."

"Run."

"No!"

"Run, Yui!" I screamed, and I pushed my beloved sister down the forest road. She looked back at me once, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I love you, Nii-san!"

"I love you too."

Soon, she turned, and ran back towards the wall of our domain. 

"Good. She'll escape," I said to myself. Yui remembers the brick that she needed to push in order to escape through the wall. We'd always had that ready in our household in the case of an emergency.

I watched as she was soon consumed by the darkness that the shadows in the forest created.

I knelt down on my knees, and clutched my throbbing chest. I could suddenly feel all my lunch rise up to my throat, and I vomited blood. My head started to spin. It was getting difficult to stay awake.

"Am I..... dying?"

My entire body shook. My eyes burned. The rain continued to pour down on my body. It was cold. I had given my jacket to Yui. But now I felt cold.

I gathered the last bit of strength left in me, and I trudged along the same way Yui had escaped.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll make it out as well, and I'll be reunited with her.

I walked forever. My legs screamed. My body screamed.

"There! He's right there!"

I immediately widened my eyes at the voice, and I turned around.

Behind me, were several 'heroes', all running towards me.

I screamed, and ran with all my might towards the wall.

I'll make it. I know I will. Just a little more. I can see the wall.

The ground beneath me shook, and I fell forward again. The sudden impact on my already-injured body robbed me of all my strength, and I gasped for air.

I turned to see my pursuers. They were almost here.

I closed my eyes.

Suddenly, another whoosh. A sound that I could not comprehend. A crackling sound, like that of a firecracker.

Soon, my entire vision was covered in blue. Bright, blue flames.

"Ahh~ what the hell!"

"Where is All Might when you need him!?"

I stared up at the man protecting me. He was shooting out those flames, and he repelled all my followers.

"Come on, kid. This ain't a place to die," he spoke in a husky voice.

He grabbed hold of my light body, and hoisted me up on his shoulders. He ran forward, beyond the tree line, and jumped up on the brick wall.

I slowly felt my vision blur. The pain had finally become unbearable.

"Take it easy, kiddo. Take it easy."

I closed my eyes for the last time that night.

That day, on my 8th birthday, was the last time I ever saw Yui.