ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ☽

Start from the beginning

Andy froze, the realization that his son was really gone crashing on him like a tsunami. He felt his hands get clammy as she took them in hers, a soft smile on her lips as he met her eyes. "Kitten I-" he whispered, tears forming in his eyes while she hushed him, leaning up to pull him into a hug. "You can't avoid it, you didn't get to mourn my love. You need to go say goodbye." Addison explained, fingers tangling in his hair while he buried his head into her neck. "How did you let go?" He whispered, his lips moving against her skin slowly. "I haven't. I just know he would be proud of us, so it makes it a little easier." She explained, feeling him nod against her shoulder, pressing his forehead against it. "We'll stop by, Laurie ruined that for me too." He whispered, pulling back as she wiped way the tears that had slipped past the barrier of his eyelids. "You don't have to be strong for me Andy, you can hurt." She whispered, slipping her hand into his as they headed towards the door, fingers interlocked. "I know baby, but I'm strong for us."

The ride into Newton was quick, the snow falling at a rapid pace while the two sat silently, fingers interlocked. The town came into view, the snow covered buildings bright with lights while Andy drove through, heading towards the cemetery that started the whirlwind romance he was in at the moment. The sign was both equally sad as it was happy. Both negative and positive memories flooding his brain as he drove up to the area of grass that held Jacobs tombstone. Shrugging off his blazer to drape over Addison's shoulders as the two of them stepped out, her hand finding his again as they walked across the snow covered grass, the blazer wrapped tightly around Addison as she tried to keep the warmth against her body. Andy stepped up to the tombstone, wiping away the thin layer of snow that covered the rock, his fingers running across the engraving that said:

"Jacob Barber, beloved son, nephew, friend."

Andy felt his chest tighten while he pressed his forehead against the stone, tears rolling down his cheeks as he let out a choked cry. Addison stepped up next to him, placing her hand on the back of his neck to offer a comforting touch. "I let you down buddy, I should've protected you better." Andy whispered, reaching out aimlessly for Addison's leg, pulling her tightly against his body so he could feel the warmth against his head. "I know how much you loved your auntie, and you used to get so mad at your mom for keeping her away." Andy laughed gently, moving so his head was resting against her thigh, her hand moving through his hair gently. "She's never going to be kept from you again. She's here, and I'm keeping her safe, just like you asked me to." Andy whispered, running his hand over the portrait that resided on his tombstone, hinting to their last conversation.

Flashback

"Dad!" Jacob yelled, frantically running up the stairs of the office, rushing past Candy who raised an eyebrow at the boy. "Dad where are you?" He questioned loudly, eyes turning to him as Andy opened up the door from the conference room, his arms crossing. "J, not now." Andy scolded, his face dropping as he saw tears in his son's eyes. "Go to my office." He stated, watching Jacob nod, rushing into the glass covered room, watching Andy turn towards the conference room, excusing himself before quickly rushing towards his office, shutting the door behind him. "Buddy what's going on?" Andy asked, kneeling down in front of his son while Jacob let tears roll freely down his cheeks.

"It's about mom and Auntie Addison." Jacob spoke out, his chest heaving while Andy's heart froze. "What do you mean?" He asked, placing his hand on the back of Jacob's head, smoothing down his hair. "I found something out, but I don't know if it's true. Mom told me I wasn't allowed to speak to her anymore. Just promise me one thing please dad." Jacob spoke, as if foreshadowing his own demise. "Sure buddy, anything." Andy spoke, his eyes frantically searching Jacob's for any sign of fear. All he saw was pain. "Keep Auntie Addison safe, please. Mom can get crazy when she's upset you know that." Jacob pleaded, seeing Andy nod. "I will I promise. Hang out here until I'm done bud, we'll go get pizza."

End of Flashback

"I'm keeping her safe, I just wish I saw the signs back then, you'd be here today if I did." Andy choked out, turning so his face was pressed against the skin of Addison's thigh, her hand carding through his hair soothingly. "He wouldn't want you to blame yourself." She whispered, his head tilting to look up at her. "I know, it's hard not to though." He whispered, moving to press his forehead against her thigh. "Hey Battlestar," Addison smiled, looking at the tombstone, "your dad kept his promise to you, I'm safe. We think about you every single day." Addison whispered, Andy gripping her thigh tightly before he pushed himself away, standing up to his full height, wiping the tears away before pulling her into his side. "Every single day buddy, we love you so much." Andy concluded, pressing.a kiss to Addison's temple before they both placed their hands on his tombstone. "Goodbye Jacob, we love you." They both whispered, before turning to walk back to the car.

That left just one last thing to do for the powerful couple, both sliding into the car and adjusting in front of the heater. "To find Laurie?" Andy asked, turning to see Addison smile at him, taking his hand while she nodded. "To find Laurie." She replied, watching Andy lean forward, pressing the call button on the screen, dialing the tech man of the mafia. "Nicholes." Andy's powerful boomed through the car, the breathing of the man hitching when he answered the phone. "Yes boss?" Nicholes asked, a panicked breath leaving his lips. "Calm down, give me a location on Laurie." Andy chuckled, seeing Addison smile over at him, before resting her head against the window. "Plaza Center, Newton." Nicholes spoke after a few moments of silence. "Thanks bud." Andy smirked, hanging up before bringing the Audi to life, zooming through the city to the Plaza Center.

Andy smiled pulling the car up beside the plaza, throwing the car into park before he was stepping out, the sound of the heads turning filling his ears while he walked around his car, opening the door for Addison, her hand locked tightly in his as they started their journey into the festival. The same festival that Andy and Laurie met at eighteen years ago. All eyes were on them, whispers filling their ears before Andy stopped, irritated with the hushed questions, grabbing Addison by the waist and pulled her so she was flush against him, lips meeting in a passionate kiss, his hands wandering her body while she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. When Andy pulled away, he turned to the town that was watching, his hands resting on the back of Addison's thighs. "Yes, we're together." He stated, eyes meeting Lauries who watched on in shock. "Found her kitten." He smirked, swatting her ass as she stepped down the stairs, approaching Laurie.

"Oh my god you're okay!" Laurie breathed out, quickly rushing over to her sister, arms flinging around Addison's body while she scoffed, pushing her sisters loving gesture away. "You really think I wouldn't be? Or were you banking on me not being okay because you hired someone to kidnap me?" Addison asked coldly, Laurie looking around, suddenly aware of the fact they were being watched. "Can we not do this here?" Laurie asked, reaching out for Addison before Andy appeared behind her, arms wrapping around Addison's waist. "No, we're going to do this right here." Andy chuckled, seeing Laurie swallow heavily. "I'm sorry, I-" Laurie rambled, her sentence being cut off by Addison raising her arms. "You are jealous? You always have been. Now you get to be alone. There's no Tommy, no Andy, no me, no Jacob. You get to be alone." Addison seethed, stepping out of Andy's arms, her face inches from her sisters. "You get to be exactly how you made me feel, alone." Addison snapped, amusement taking over her features as Laurie's eyes filled with tears. "Have a nice life Laurie." Addison smiled sweetly, taking Andy's hand as they walked back to the car, going back to the kingdom they had created.

Because at the end of the day, when the whole world betrays you, there's only one thing that is true:

ℑ𝔱'𝔰 𝔊𝔬𝔬𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔅𝔞𝔡

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: I'm so sad to be finishing this story, I'm so proud of it, and I have such an emotional attachment to these characters! This is the first book of my 'BAD' series, with a sequel that I will be writing as soon as I finish the other two stories I have lined up. Thank you for all the love and support I got on this story, and I hope you guys stick around for the next one!

divider by TomHollandsQuakson Breathin, symbols dividers 1/3